Do You Have The Right To Comment

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

and am I the only one who freely admits not being able to keep up with the volume of music posted here.

Sickle wrote:So, should I stop posting tracks at the Cafe?
:shrug:

i only review them at castle spooky anyway

lates

t-willy

fateamenabletochange wrote:and am I the only one who freely admits not being able to keep up with the volume of music posted here.
completely ageed, there is a wealth of compositions, in this, and most other forums I've visited.
Way too much to get a meaningful handle on much of it (I don't have time to veg in front of the tv anymore :) )
for entertaining porpoises only

Allready much said here, but let me add this;

There was a time that no café track was missed by me or commented on. I always tried to pick out the positive in each song for everything has a beautiful side in it. The times that I (certainly in the beginning) struggled to give constructive feedback when I didn't like something it was often tracks that came closest to my liking.

To keep it short and not to end up in a babbling mode:
I have learned a great deal from trying to comment on tracks (and reading others comments) which aided me in my own quest to improve my own music making.

So keep commenting; it not only helps the artist, but also is quite helpful for the commentee.

I'm intrigued as to who's track brought this on Dave...:hihi:

CypherOne wrote:I'm intrigued as to who's track brought this on Dave...:hihi:

:lol:

it was more a case of do i have the right to comment. it was just a thought that ran thru my head last nite for some reason...

Great post vurt!

Im with you 99% here... I guess what I was trying to say about the posters comments was - like this weekend I posted 2 tracks in the cafe. I forgot to post that I would like to take the 2 tracks out live...

To me they were not tracks I would sit and listen to - rather tracks I would dance to. I got very kind comments for the two and I was delighted - felt like I was on the right track :hihi: But I think I was lucky that perhaps they were 'both' listenable & dancable...

It would saved more time and folks sanity had I said "You guys think these would sound ok thru a club sound system?" Ya know where Im coming from...

Also I think criticism is a GREAT learning tool as long as its constructive.

For example, yourself, Krim and rachmiel have pushed me outside the safe boundaries I would have happily stayed within :tu:

So I guess - you dont have to be nice to a tune... just dont be lazy!

:wink:

Dave

Return to “Music Cafe”