Hink- Azimuth (2nd mix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whew! I just gave it a listen, and now I'm drenched in sweat... :tu:

Quite an aural onslaught. Great playing, and the remix hits it just right I think.

Nicely done.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

new mix is a definite improvemnt, seems to sit nicer in my ears now :)

i can only agree with the new comments but for the sake of numbers, the mix is alot better and of course it goes without saying that the gutar is brilliant but, here we go ..."THE GUITAR IS BRILLIANT" :)

Hink, Hink, Hink. What are we going to do with you? You are a total BAD A$$! The playing and sound of your guitar is, without question, amazing.

I listened to V2 of your mix and I have a few i-de-ars. First is, we need to hear those drums. The kick and snare are far in the background. Somehow, that gives the whole piece a distant feel. I know there is a ton of kinetic energy there and that is great.

If I were mixing this I'd start with the drums and guitar. I'd leave the guit as is and mix the drums so they sound a little more present and live. Maybe just the kick and snare so as not to overwhelm the guit with too much of the rapid cymbals. Then I'd bring in the bass at a level that supported the rhythm and harmonic structure but never called attention to itself. I might tweak the sound of it to have a little more low end as well. Right now, to my ears, it's competing with the guit and synth. Lastly, I'd keep the synths down. In a piece like this their role should be almost subliminal. A little of that goes a long way. Under playing as remarkable as yours, the synths should be more like an effect than an instrument. Maybe that's an overstatement.

These are just ideas. I never knew you were such a gunslinger!

8)
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

thanx all..again :D Kinda funny though...I spend a fortune on vocal effects...then do an instrumental...:hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

bump because this song gave me the best month ever on SC. I got my page there 3/31/04..:D
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Music Cafe”