[TC] MicroSpace

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

I did a demo for the MicroTonic/ CamelPhatSpace deal, and came up with this tune I call MicroSpace:

www.camelaudio.com/music/CamelTonic-TConrardy.mp3

Although it was kinda meant as a demo, I put a lot of my compositional skills into this one, so I could even consider it a piece in its own right and not really a demo.

It uses Microtonic processed thru CamelSpace. I used eXT to record many performances of Microtonic and camelspace, saved as waves, then put together in Tracktion. I also used eXT's arp tool with Cameleon at the same time as MicroTonic, so it synced up. So, hitting one key would trigger the arp which triggered cameleon sounds which triggered Microtonic patterns. :-)

From there, in Tracktion,I added Cameleon stuff. So the Bass,Pads, and leads is all Cameleon. I also processed the lead with CamelSpace for a nice filtery flowing sound. . I also tried processing a Cameleon clean guitar with CamePhat to create a cool distorted guitar sound.

Microtonic is perfect with CamelSpace, and allows you to get "Glurpy" sounds as Robert Rich would put it.

anyway, I was really satisfied on how this turned out. Not so much as a demo then a piece of spacy music. Comments welcome.

Tim

Did I say I used Microtonic and CamelSpace?

But it also shows what you can do with Energy XT's ARP tool...its really nice! anybody use that tool?

really cool track as always but the drums just dont do it for me.
thats a personal thing with me ndrums tho :D

vurt wrote:really cool track as always but the drums just dont do it for me.
thats a personal thing with me ndrums tho :D

well..what about the first part thats kinda ambient? Actually, after I created that, it really reminded me of of an Ensoniq ASR10 patch called Rain forest..or something like that, where it would have this ambient perc loop and sounds going on all at the same time. a cool patch. I used to work with an ASR10 when I was in charge of this studio where we did rainforest music....ahh...memories!

all the synth stuff i liked yeah, even when the drums were playing.its not like they stopped me listening, just as im sure you have noticed over time drums aint my number one :)
the drums work, just not for me i guess, they fit the mix and such bbut id like to hear a mix with the drums muted :D

Nice track Tim, the drums are ok but maybe some more Indian percussion (tablas) like you did in the beginning part, they might have brought out the eastern feel this has, that is a minor niggle, the composition is excellent. 8)

This is wonderful Tim. Thanks for the tips Tim. I bought Microtonic as trigger program for BFD - works like a charm with the preset patterns. I cannot see how to sequence my own let alone program the sounds. Well I never could see how Rebirth worked either :shrug: so it should surprise me.

really nice tim! going well with map drawing :-)

actually some real talvin singh moments in there, and he is One Of My Favourite Musicians In The World!!

I like this too,all the rhythmic things happening,the changes and the general melody and mood.

Beardedone wrote:This is wonderful Tim. Thanks for the tips Tim. I bought Microtonic as trigger program for BFD - works like a charm with the preset patterns. I cannot see how to sequence my own let alone program the sounds. Well I never could see how Rebirth worked either :shrug: so it should surprise me.

Hey..did not know you could do that!Thanks for YOUR tip.However, microtonics method seems easy to program. Guess you would not be an Orion or FLStudio guy then. ( but I could be VERY mistaken)

Tim

WOW Tim - this is freakin awesome! Which synth did you use to make that great wah type lead? I LOVE IT - I want it! WOW.

Send me more - that intro is just too good! The drums kicked and and it's so great.

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:WOW Tim - this is freakin awesome! Which synth did you use to make that great wah type lead? I LOVE IT - I want it! WOW.

Send me more - that intro is just too good! The drums kicked and and it's so great.

Mike

Hi Mike

That was all Cameleon. The lead was a TC galaxy lead preset put thru CamelSpace.The guitar was a cameleon factory clean guitar preset put thru CamelPhat for a distorted guitar sound. Came off rather good when you use pitch bend. :-)I also thought the bass was pretty good for Cameleon, even though I normaly don't use Cameleon for bass..but maybe I will next time!

Tim

Hey..did not know you could do that!Thanks for YOUR tip.However, microtonics method seems easy to program. Guess you would not be an Orion or FLStudio guy then. ( but I could be VERY mistaken)
8)I am definitely a FruityLoops user and have been since the version (3.5 I think?) where the piano roll was incorporated -a god send for me since I never got the hang of step sequencing. Running midi out is a good trick with MT and I wish Dr008 could do that.
Problem is thiough I only can figure out how to set up Microtonic midi out in Fruity but not in Sonar 4, Live 5 or even in eXT in sequencer mode. As far as eXT goes I believe Microtonic is not working properly in the latest bett - I am not 100% certain since I have only tried on my work PC which Windows 2K. I see tonight on my Carillon with WinXP SP2.

Cheers,
Gordon

Excellent sounds nicely put together indeed..

Return to “Music Cafe”