Untitled Saudade Demo thing

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A little something knocked off over the last few hours. It's still unfinished, but I thought maybe you guys might dig it. I played the flute, and my friend and associate Mr Simon Che de Boer played the digital piano and all the production stuffs.

Click here to play.

Click here to download and keep for ever and ever.

Oh yeah, and just for shits 'n' giggles, a few years ago, when Simon and I were flatting together in the dodgiest flat in the known universe, he and I and a bunch of other people got drunk in his room, and I recorded a story I wrote called The Tale Of Bob The Chicken.

I wish you all the very delightfullest of mornings. I, however, am far too ratarsed to stay awake.

Goodnight all.
Hey now, hey now now, sing this corrosion to me.

Gorgeous :love:
perfect on this sunday evening.

consider it downloaded and kept forever...

I don't see what's there to be finished, except maybe some eq'ing on the flute. It's already in my KVR folder :D .

Why "saudade"? You know, it's a portuguese word, with no possible translation to any other language :) .
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

The piano, as it is now, annoys me. There was a second piano track, not sure what happened to that. And I think I want a harmony flute and possibly some choir vocals in there as well.

The constant talking throughout the piece was an accident (Simon's usually so professional!) , but I think it kinda works...

I do know what saudade is, and the total lack of any English word for it. It's not supposed to be the name of the piece, just a reference to the effect I was aiming for.

Still can't think of a bloody title for it!

suburban grilla wrote:Gorgeous :love:
perfect on this sunday evening.

consider it downloaded and kept forever...
Thanks so utterly! :))

'Saudade' expresses the feeling of missing someone or something, being homesick, longing for something, etc. We can explain what it is, but it can't be expressed in a single word in any other language, afaik.

I was introduced to the word by Nick Cave in a spoken word piece called The Secret Life Of The Love Song.

It's a great word. I'm sure I don't pronounce it properly though.

Something like 'Sa oo dah de' :). Brasilen pronountiate 'Sah oo dah dee' :D .

few distorting peaks in the high freqs but a beautiful piece compositionally.
sort that eq out and its a winner of a love song :)

Return to “Music Cafe”