Glooper Disco!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New tune... Started a few weeks ago.. and left it for a while because I had to reinstall my PC.. just been doing a bit of polishing to it tonight.. and thought it was about time I released it to the public.. :).. be warned it's cheesy disco...

http://www.phunkynutts.com/music/Gloope ... -Over3.mp3

Ben

:)

cool ben, fun for a sunday morning :wink:

hehe, I recognise the accapella, somehow the timing doesn't seem quite right in places (with the vox I mean).

Nice fun track :)

Nice one Gloops, always up for anything in this genre 8)

Whats the deal with the vocal samples then?
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

I like.:)

Couple of strange things going on in the mix though (disclaimer:laptop speakers). The Rhodes sounds curiously "static". You put a short delay and/or room reverb on it? If anything at all, I'd (sparingly) use a phase or slow leslie effect, just to give a sense of motion and space. Maybe it'd work better with a clav or acoustic piano sound. I like the lead synth too, but it does sound a bit removed from the rest of the music, almost like you'd plonked a tape recorder in your living room and recorded yourself playing along to a record, if that makes sense.

Cheers people..

Steve... Yeah the vocals probably are a bit out of time in places.. it's the problem with using downloaded acappella samples, they never fit 100%... I could probably do a bit of audio warping to get them to fit better...

Manc Chris.. the samples were downloaded from a website.. I forget where.. Not actually heard the original just thought they'd fit okay over the disco beat and guitar riffs i'd written.

Clueless. I think you right about the rhodes.. A little bit of movement would help. The synth (and in fact the rhodes) are both going though a very quick short slapback delay, this was to give it the feeling of being cheaplu recorded and played in a living room.. so I guess it kinda worked! I wanted it to almost sound organic and slightly live rather than purely electronic..

Ben

cool,
got my toes tappin' anyway :)

Cheers Surburban... glad it got you dancing ;)

Ben

whats with the crackles?

just trying to artifically age it a bit... to sound a bit old hat rather than something new and cutting edge. it was either that or party noises or some other background ambience type thing...

Ben

8)

Cool Ben :lol:

I'd have preferred hearing a few good drum samps rather than the beat box and then maybe a tad of mastering verb... ;)

Good fun!!! :)

Cheers Xander...

I think your right in that a bit of mastering verb would probably help gel things a little. I'm alway reluctant to put any reverb on anything these day. It's too easy to end up using too much!

Funny you should say beatbox... Bonte actually provided me with the drums.. but I was trying to get him to provide a beatbox version to use in places.. unfortunetly he refused!

Ben

Glooper wrote:...Funny you should say beatbox... Bonte actually provided me with the drums.. but I was trying to get him to provide a beatbox version to use in places.. unfortunetly he refused!

Ben
oops... :oops: TR-x0x it is then ;)

Maybe he met you half-way though? :hihi:

Cheers,
Alex

Return to “Music Cafe”