digital mangrove [glitch/dark/soundscape]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you have never walked through a mangrove swamp at night I reccommend that you wear strong boots. The mud feels lovely between your toes but the oyster shells are razor-like and the cone shells will paralyse you, leaving you face down between the roots until the tide comes back in...

digital mangrove

i was watching something about mangrove forsts and underground caves yesterday.
some amazing imagery and parts of it are indeed brought back, cept with added fear. love the use of the layers here to create space and movement 8)

Nice use of electronic sound to suggest the organic here... alive with movement and little creeping things in the shadows.

What vurt said. Very nice ambience and great production. Would have loved to hear another theme/other sounds later in the track though, I thougt it was maybe a tad long.

Strange and a bit distressing... very good mix indeed.

.:darl_chenu:.

Mangroves, eh? You invoke images of home, and the many hours spent in the Mangrove Forests of South Miami and the Keys..For anyone who isn't familiar with Mangroves, here's a look at these unique members of the plant kingdom:

Great track, Grilla!

It's amazing what you can find trapped in Mangrove roots, but I'm sure you know this already..

:D
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Thanks folks!
@vinz: I agree with you, after listening today I feel there is room for further development/new theme towards the latter part of the track.

Nice pic sickle, looks very similar to the kind of mangrove in northern oz. I'm well below the ToC so they're not quite so imposing down here, not as dangerous either (no crocs, cones or irukandji waiting to chomp on you)
Still a pretty cool place to go poking around though, sounds amazing at night. Made some field recordings a coupla weeks back then dropped the minidisc over the side of the damn canoe :cry:

Damn fine grilla! Love the fizzy, charged ping pong game perc.
Image Image

great soundscape...swampy and skittering...alluvial and mysterious just like the cauldron of life...

Very enjoyable track. Nailed, I'd say...

Cheers All :D

I was going to rework the track a bit, as per vinz's suggestion , but I've moved onto the next thing so I guess thats it for this one...

This is great, grilla. Love all the creature sounds as the synths slowly fade away.

Really like the sounds and production and the mood. I think I'd like a stronger sense of progression, but that could just be because I seem to be developing the attention span of a five year old in my advancing age.

I put this on my list of songs to download when I'm on reliable wireless
and I finally got it.

Does it matter that I have to listen to this really loud?
I like it loud.
Quiet, I don't notice it (which is quite unusual for me)
Loud, I like it being all-enveloping.
A great name, too.

Yeah loud is ok (unless I was your next door neighbour) :hihi:
My ideal track would be unnoticable at full volume

@kuniklo, nothing wrong with your attention span, I'm developing a taste for long static things that barely evolve...maybe I've got too much time on my hands!

@shamann, cheers, I've been scouring the net looking for a field recording of real aussie mangrove creatures to post as an example, but no luck so far.

Return to “Music Cafe”