Little Tune: Jasmine - updated

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all, has been a long time since I posted something here.

I've been preparing to be a father (due on the 5th of May) and haven't had a chance to spend a proper day doing just music.

Anyway, I threw a sicky at work today and had a play around to remind me what it was like.

Jasmine

I also have another song I did recently (in a rush) it uses samples from a video of some german kid losing it because his game wont load.. or something like that :shock:

Sykokid

Enjoy :D
Last edited by Chickenman on Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I play guitar

:hihi: I saw that video for sykokid. Syko is an understatement!
1st song didn't do it for me but the 2nd one is good.

I thought Jasmine was really interesting, had some beautiful parts to it, only thing that threw me was the abundance of palm mutes in the solo. Enjoyed that, thanks!
Image Image

polyslax wrote:I thought Jasmine was really interesting, had some beautiful parts to it, only thing that threw me was the abundance of palm mutes in the solo. Enjoyed that, thanks!
Sorry dude.... too rusty to pull out the goodness today :cry:
I play guitar

Anyway, reworked the backing, I'm still not happy with the guitars but feel I'm finally getting the hang of programming other instruments (be much easier if I had a keyboard :shrug: )

The link is in the first post.
I play guitar

your lucky chickenman,at my work they pour over every post looking for hidden meanings,but don't actually listen to the music.well I hope you enjoyed your sickie,because I am enjoying jasmine,and that is fine guitar playing there.This is really good,I like the changes and nothing seems overdone.
good name,the intro especially seems kind of romantic.
kia ora bro

Chickenman wrote:Sykokid
:lol:
very well done man! a very cool song on it's own, and the vocals fit perfectly! :hail:
this could be the next "Schnappi" ;) maybe you could make a video clip, cutting up the original vid? post that and the masses will go wild.

Kia ora Mr Amenable :hihi:
Thanks for listening dude.

@cptgone... There may be something in that idea.

*edit*

I can't be arsed, the vid is crap quality and at best would look like.. crap :wink:

Had a small attempt but ateotd would take too much time.
I play guitar

Congratulations with the forthcoming fatherhood. :) Is it your first born? Became a father myself some 8 months ago.

Nothing in life is bigger than that. :wink:

I enjoyed both songs. Nice Satch-like tone on the first one, good playing, too. The second one had the wife and I laughing our brains out. Get that kid some prozac!

Nice work, man.

Sounddrops wrote:Congratulations with the forthcoming fatherhood. :) Is it your first born? Became a father myself some 8 months ago.

Nothing in life is bigger than that. :wink:
Yeah, our firstborn!!!

About time too, I need a drummer :hihi:
I play guitar

8)

That's a lovely smiley dude.

I've got a loverly bunch of coco pops
I play guitar

Return to “Music Cafe”