Way Downtempo Slowcooker

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's my latest venture, a very downtempo track for me, acoustic guitar, Rhodes and Hammond. It's a slow builder, but gets there eventually.

My Sunday is more beatiful than yours :: download :: stream

The acoustic guitar is a recording by Zigbert, that he very kindly let me have. It comes from his track No Such Song that you can get from his website.

This is the first time I have ever used a midi keyboard to play instruments (and I mean ever). I don't play any instruments or have any music training, so playing keys was a first, and playing along to Zigberts guitar a totally new experience. I hope I managed some semblance of harmony and rhythm.

All your comments are welcome as usual

cheers

I do enjoy a good slowcook

have to admit the guitar is my favorite bit here,but I like those noises floating around it
only bit that rubs wrong is the drum kit

I listened also to the origianl, excellent stuff at that site.

Your version I'm afraid, I don't find good; maybe some of the sounds going on are good, but the rest is quite doubtful.

Hope you don't mind an honest opinion,

richard

I don't mind an honest opinon at all bluelife, it's what I value most. When you say the rest is doubtful, do you mean the structure, the harmonising, the playing?

Thanks both for listening and your comments

no prob

hi de la Mancha,

I meant the guitar is musical, the drums really don't fit in a rythmic or choice of sound way and that they cover up the sound effects which may be interesting if they weren't covered.

cu

richard

Return to “Music Cafe”