March Contest: RESULTS

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Former Pharaoh wrote:HAHA I guessed Markleford right!!!!
So what was the tip-off? I figured it was probably one of 1) guitar sound peeking through (like my Martian Improv entry, but distorted), 2) Chord progression somewhat similar (but inverted) to my "Broken" entry, 3) vocals (always a risk in a competition like this!).

And Yuskevich guessed too, I'd thought, but then later changed his mind! :shock:

At any rate, I have to wonder: were the identities surprising? Did some members compose in a style you'd never expect? Did some of the new blood strike you as being surprisingly similar to some of the crusty oldsters?

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

As I remember well Lady Miss Me made a promise to the winner...
Rockstar_not, you better start running while you can, Wopelka is coming after you ! :D
Carpo diem ergo sum !

First of all, Congrats to the winners!!!!

Secondly, I would like to thank Former Pharoh, thomekk, ccollinsmith, farlukar, runagate, wopelka, unfocused, tonalaxis, pur boeuf, jplanet, Markleford, mellotonaunt, techbot, Guitarjeff, advaya, _niko_, Paulie Phonick, kovacs, and ColG for voting for my comp, and all the others that have given me a HM.

I would also like to provide credit for those individuals that helped me with this tune.
Jeff Smith - Male Vox
Gloria Garcia, - Female Vox
Pete Climie - Sax

Thanks all

Scoops
Bunch O Stuff

Scoops, lucky you, you didn't win or you had to split up the price between 4 people ! :D
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Max el Belga wrote:Scoops, lucky you, you didn't win or you had to split up the price between 4 people ! :D
I had an arrangement with these people before I even posted to the contest. So it wasnt really gonna be that big of a deal.

Scoops
Bunch O Stuff

Congrats to the winners!

The whole masquerading thing was a superb idea!
Thanks a lot to those who voted for my entry :)

Extra uber-special thanks to Markleford for the excellent job he has done.

Now let's see what April, um May will bring :wink:

Congrats to all the winners!

And thanks to all that voted for "Swelle -- The Lust Time" way up to 42nd place!!
Last edited by torhan on Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So what was the tip-off?
The vocals. I used to have this guitar teacher who sounded like you so the voice is distinct to me.
Give me freedom or give me television

were the identities surprising?
I was surprised with Oddbod's entry. Didn't sound like his style at all. Personally my favorite tune from him.
Give me freedom or give me television

Congrats to the winners and three cheers to Markleford for all the hard work this month :hail:

:-o my tactical voting failed! i was attempting to come last!

congratulations to the winners though 8)

this month was great fun, though it highlighted the fact that i'm a rather limted musical entity - i tried many things and gave up before finally settling for my ill-starred slice of bentley's. prize cabbage indeed! :D

now tell me true, QueryString, were you really emulating me? how bizarre if it is so! fourth place is perfect, i have a contest history of 'almost but not quite'.

:lol:

Caco wrote:Congrats to the winners and three cheers to Markleford for all the hard work this month :hail:
hip hip...

Congratulations to rockstar_not, System ERA and the new guy groovesys!
And a special congrats to Jeff, 1-2 and Pharaoh for guessing me correctly.
Guitar Jeff got me on my garage band sound production.
1-2 Many got me on the silly words.
Former Pharaoh is just pyschic or some shit, you definatly won the guessing game!
Guitarjeff wrote: Raliegh Jennings Birch = Col G.
1-2-Many wrote:Well, all I know for sure is 'Raleigh Jennings Birch III' is most definately - Col G.
Former Pharaoh wrote: Raleigh Jennings Birch III ( Col.G ) - "Roofers From Hell"
There really is a Raliegh Jenning Birch III and he co wrote and did the vocals.
That is his real name.
I will make another post with a link to the song without the reichministers mastering and a picture of RalJen.
Thanks to all who voted for me, and to all who participated.
It was a fun month with some of the best songs I have heard from you guys.
Thanks,
G.
You cant depend on a lot of things
You need a busload of faith to get by.

Well, ended up in the middle of the field as usual. But on the other hand I got a HM from GuitarJeff.

Wow... I finished better than I had hoped for. That's certainly encouraging (considering all the incredible entries)... Thanks to those who voted for my little tune. I might have to re-visit that one, and see if I can't make something a little more substantial out of it.

This was a first for me, and I gotta say I quite enjoyed participating and offering up my comments. Some jems to be had in this month's collection for sure.Not sure why I never participated before. I may have to make this a regular thing now. It's pretty inspirational to hear some of the amazing tracks that people here are able to hammer out in less than a month. :-o

And thanks to Markleford for the work you put into this. Mastering and hosting 50+ tracks must surely take some effort!

Cheers.

Return to “Music Cafe”