[mashup/remix] - Roots Manuva vs. Rigmor - "Witness/Triste"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a little diversion from our usual output: We did this for the "Witness the fitness" remix compo Mr. Manuva ran last year, but (as usual) never finished it in time... :wink:

Basically, it's the vocals from "Witness" by Roots Manuva on top of the backing from Rigmor's "Triste" (which some of you might remember we posted here a couple of years ago) - a little reaggae, a little bit of SIDness and tongue firmly in cheek. :P

"Witness the Triste" - 4.95MB - 160kbit Mp3

It was all a bit of a laugh, but we think it turned out pretty decent. :)

You can grab Rigmor's original "Triste" here if you haven't heard it yet - and chances are, you haven't, seeing as the album was never released. Bah. Oh, nevermind...

"Triste" (Radio edit) - 3.54MB - 128kbit mp3

Enjoy (or not)!

Cheers,

Arne S.

I think it sounds really cool! I never really listen to lyrics, but I like the tone of the vocals, the main theme, and the C64 sounds really work well! I think it sounds better at the tempo of the mashup as opposed to the original.

Brian

Hi Brian, thanks for listening! :) Glad you liked it. Yeah, in retrospect I think the original tune (Triste) is a bit on the slow side - then again, we were aiming for that slightly laidback feeling.

Cheers,

Arne S.

Wow.. this is really cool, huge fan of the Roots culture... Love my Black Seeds, Fat Freddies Drop and all that.. This is cool, I reconise the vocals hard out! Yeah Roots Manova pretty big down these parts :)

Good mix! They did a comp cool!

Return to “Music Cafe”