New Hip-Hop Site

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Check it out at www.diehardentertainment.com.
Look around - let me know what ya think
www.diehardentertainment.com
You Haven't Lived Until You've Found Something To Die For

Shit is nice! Top notch site, mate.

That's the coolest site I've seen in a while...

ok, i'm not the kind of person,
that lies with fluffy stuff like
"whew, very cool page blah blah"
...sooo... i assume you wanted some,
ruff and honest smack in the face feedback?!

i also like the layout etc.
but not really the content of the site.

it kinda'reflects cheap G-Star wannbeISM.
i mean there is this image from this black guy,
but the snippet sounds like white teenies,
who don't know how to act...ehrm?!?
and then again, where is this super cool ghetto
you're reflecting about anyways?!

or am i missing something here?

this is the second website,
i've came across within 5-days,
from people who leave a bad taste
of "instant hip-hop stars"

get real,
there are already 1.000.000's of "emminem wannabe's"
out there...*shrug*

what i mean is,
it is never good to copy bad images,
and then reflecting them back,
giving other people negative impressions,
to look up to.

and again,
if someone from "the streets"
really learned it's lesson about life,
after all the struggle etc.
this person would get a job,
work hard to get a university degree,
and getting it's life straight, period.

just my 2cents

bambooman wrote: this person would get a job,
:roll:

"i cannot believe this fake buy-in bling imagery, if a person were for real, they would be all about conventional success!!" :lol:

yeah mon, this navajo guy was jus tellin me, "boy, i sure am f**ked up with my natural life, what i really need is to sit at a computer, watch tv and drive a nice car all the f**k day and go to the gym so i'm fit"

get real.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I can't seem to be able to play the music... Am I doning something wrong? Man I gotta write some Hip-Hop again, I ain't getting no attention for my soft Peter Gabrial stuff these days :D

Soft Peter Gabrial Crap!

bambooman wrote: and again,
if someone from "the streets"
really learned it's lesson about life,
after all the struggle etc.
this person would get a job,

just my 2cents
that is so not street wise dood?

so u think the life of the straight & keeping it real is becoming a slave to the world powers :roll:

i did to be honest find the music not to be that good :shrug: but thats my personal taste, i prefer the kind of hip hop thats in my links in my sig,

but this statment i quoted just made me think this dood has no real idear of life at all,

progreshion & sucess dont come from selling out to keep it real,

thats just brain wash bollox

theres nothing wrong with the fact that you know nothing about "street life" & its codes, but dont talk like you have ;)

i like the site!

keep up the good work & pay no mind to those that have no understanding of the hip hop life, i found your site to be quite real IMO

Subz

Sup fellas. Thanks for the replies - both good and bad. I wanna make sure there's no misunderstandings though.

Bambooman - take a look at the Bio under the Artists page - it'll give you insight into who I am and can answer alot of the things you challenged in your reply. If you've had read it, you would understand I don't glamorize the projects - never would. Poverty will never be supercool. I'm from Lowell, Massachusetts - United States. Go to http://lowellsun.com/ and search for "Julian D. Steele" - I tell absolutely no lies about where I'm from. Also, if you read the Bio you'll notice that Julian D. Steele was demolished due to the things that went on there.

The picture is of me - handsome, if I do say so myself - but it was made in jest(I'm a rather sacrastic bastard) - but I can see how it can be misinterpreted as someone trying to be a hip-hop "wannabe". A "wannabe" - in my opinion - is someone who jumps on the bandwagon in an attempt to be whateva the "in" thing is. I've been rapping since the movie "Krush Groove" - that was my inspiration(also noted in the bio). Check the date of that movie and you'll know how long I've been at this. If you really love Hip-Hop you've seen that movie - at least twice - and if you have, you'd have noticed - there was no Eminem. My image doesnt resemble his - nor does my music sound like his. The Bio also says "Fail at being yourself". The entire Bio really answers everything you questioned.

I know not everyone is gonna like my work - infact, it's expected, so keep the feedback coming.

Oh, and Bambooman, I went to college, have a family, two cars and a house, and I still wont stop being Julian D. Steele. You don't know where your going, if you've lost sight of where you came from.

But maybe that's just me.
www.diehardentertainment.com
You Haven't Lived Until You've Found Something To Die For

I like the tiling effects... but the different strokes for different folks part you mentioned is in play here with the content..

hmm text could be a bit sharper though.. here on high detail, it still looks a bit blurry..

I think (my opinion) we all try to improve ourselves based on what we consider improvement.. conflict comes in when someone's idea of improvement is someone else's idea of degradation.. and I, for one, try to never hold on to negative things or experiences.. that said.. we cant deny ourselves.. who we are.. or who we think we are.. tough situation. And as musicians I think we should consider what ideas we are putting out into society... helping or degrading?

and there we have it.. my 2 cents.. :o not that it was really desired..

there are some killer, killer musos from lowell.. wtf is up with that place :p
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

i've tried to get on the site ... it takes a long time to load, looks nice, but none of the links are working for me :shrug:

... i'm using Firefox

Nice looking site on the whole.
Shame they knocked the place down & forced people out rather than tried to improve it.
Some similar stories over here in the u.k.
Thing is it's often cheaper & more effective to improve an area - but it also results in less kickbacks & juicy contracts for the boys..... so........

nice atmoshere......i really didnt like the raps, true enough, that may be because im real picky and i do hip hop myself........

(rappers tend to like their own shit, and similar shit, i bet u agree ;) )

site would be awesome with more music (ergo more chances of everyone finding something they like) and if the actual flash part was imbedded in the page.....when you firefox separate windows urk you lol

keep it up seems like a [good] work in progress at this point..i'll be sure to check back... good luck...

[peace]
A.Poet
i am me and i am free...k thx bai

I think you can always learn from negitive experiences and should never forget them. You can learn alot from lifes mistakes.
1. never let it happen again.
2. never let it happen to people you love.
I am also from lowell and had a similar up bringing. If you listen to my music i talk about the same things not to glorify it but to send a message that no matter what you go through you can make it out.I grew up poor and the day i forget, that will be the same day that i will be poor again. The reason why i am where i am today is because i remember growing up in the rough part of lowell and i will never go back and my kids will never see the inside of the projects. Thats just me though.
P.S
Hot Site!
Furious The Beast
If its not just Platinum then it not music.
www.Justplatinummusic.com

Return to “Music Cafe”