Polyslax - New Track - Catatonica

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure if this qualifies as ambient, but I think it has a sort of meditative quality and it's close to being percussion-less.

Please check it out if you have a chance. Comments welcome.

Catatonica

128 bit .mp3
11.5 mb

Cheers!
Image Image

What an absolutely wonderful piece of music polyslax. I found it beautiful, hypnotic and frought with the lightest traces of some long-forgotten perfume. (Strangely enough, it really reminds me in mood, tone and chord of a piece I did long ago and far away...don't know if I can track it down but if I can, I'll try to dig it out and post it.) The production was great...subjectively, I would consider varying the piano comp in either dynamics or some other way but damn, this is really nice space.

Yeah, a lovely little piece. Tends towards the "vanilla" end of the scale, but the percussion gives necessary substance to the proceedings.
I usually shy away from drums used in ambient/atmospheric pieces, but in this case they're very well done.

Thanks very much for listening and the nice comments!

mayan, if you dig up that tune let us know.

grilla, 'spose you're right, nothing terribly daring here, I guess I was hoping the denseness of the layers and the sound design would help add interest to what is a pretty simple, repetetive basic structure... and then the drums, glad you liked 'em!
Image Image

Quiet & relaxing :love:
.:darl_chenu:.

darl_chenu, Location: South of France!! How could you possibly require any more relaxation?! :wink:

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated!
Image Image

Dunno what to say in a constructive manner. Maybe just nothing.
I just like this a lot. As the rest of your stuff that is. Appealing, great choice of instruments, melodies, grooves and whatever.
Keep them coming!
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha, thanks man! I appreciate your kind words.

Got any new guitar stuff to post?
Image Image

meditative quality, so true. Very good music for study.

G_J, glad you dug it, thanks for your comments! Good luck with your studies, whatever they may be!
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”