All the way - Final!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Is this Commercially acceptable!

Yah!
17%
Almost there brova!
50%
Not a chance in Hell!
33%

Total votes: 6

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hay All! Tweaked to smitherines!

Hers a song I did back in Feb, is it going on my up and coming album "The System ERA - Guru Meditation" and I would like to see what you cats think... Once again.. I want true critizm, any thing, please be fckn harsh and critical as... Because when it comes to the crunch of printing 500 Cd. I don't wanna ass up :D

I have faith in you cats, everytime I get feedback, the tracks just seem to fix them selves, you can't imagine how useful an extra ear is 24 hours a day 8) :hyper:

Enjoy!

All the way - 192Kbs - Play

All the way - 192Kbs - Download

:band: :band2:
Last edited by System ERA on Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

just word-wise, I would advise against "guru meditation" for the name of the album -- instant turnoff -- bleh!
5 twelve

Why? Your the first to ever say that.. I thought it was kinda cool... You have might have a pint though, I came up with that name quite a while ago... About 5 years ago, it was the name of my first album back in 2001. It was never widely published so I though just use the name again...

Another one was

The System ERA
Abort/Retry/Fail
Last edited by System ERA on Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

adequate isnt spelt like that ;)

ill check the track later :)

ps...

System ERA wrote: you can't imagine how useful an extra ear is 24 hours a day 8) :hyper:

yes we can, thats why we post our tracks here too ;)

Hahah! Yeah! :)

i agree on the guru meditation thing...... evokes a kind of tacky 90's feel.

dld'ing the track, feedback to come.

steve.

Oh man! Thats funny, I came up with the name in the 90's... To be honest the whole track feels kinda 90's... f**k am I that backwards :D

not at all, but you need something more inclusive, same-level and less definite than "guru meditation" for the name of the album -- "The System ERA" (self-titled) would be one good option, in my opinion

"change to spare" might be something that the people of earth might like, for example
Last edited by hao nao on Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
5 twelve

Yeah, f**k thats brilliant, I should call this post... What should be the name of my Album! :hihi:

as for the track, any track that makes people shut it down in the first 30 or 60 seconds is probably a no-go
5 twelve

Why what happened? Who'd you play it to?

You don't particularly like it.... Critial feedback would be nice?

Alright.... I just knocked down the BASSLINE quite considerably.... It was kinda distracking from the Mix! Yeah Havran, it would be nice if you could elaborate a little on any particular thing, if its just a matter of personal taste thats cool.. But it would be nice to state otherwise..

Just got this in a PM. A fine example of Critical Feedback!
Lex_Strudder wrote:as for the name, i think its more of a visual first glimse... it is almost half of what ppl would say the album is about after a first listen

"Guru Meditation" is little to self reflecting and therefore put alot of expectation on the songs...

i like puzzeling names... my latest concept is called "... and so spoke the glacier", a title that will make alot of ppl think before thay download the tracks and they want hear what its all about.

my advice would be to sum up all the lyrics, find the common thread and find an exotic word for it... its not easy but ppl remember cool titles Smile

havran's comment is just plain silly, dont mind it... i think your intro is pretty classic (no pun intended) and works well with the complete song.

one thing that you could think of changing is the "glitsch snare", the smattering short sample that repeats itself during the song. it should be a little lower and maybe altered a bit (reverse into it, slapback delay ever now and then, pitch it, ping/pong delay and so on).

and finaly, dont be afraid to elaborate and raise your vocice more, its kind of hidden. add some more background voices and put the solo in the center of the performance

cheers

I like this. Production sounds great and that bassline is very funky. Personally the vox don't do it for me, sounds like they would fit better with a rock track (Bryan Adams/Def Leppard) than this. That glitchy snare is very cool but too loud.

All just my opinion and I haven't got a clue what I'm talking about.

On my second listen now (which is a good thing), nice strings :)

Return to “Music Cafe”