DEREK progressive-rock

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you like Progressive-Rock guitar with a electro-world touch, in that case, listen and tell me of what you think of this instrumentals.

Vocal-guitar and other instruments, composer-songwriter, sound engineer. Hardly of his 30 years of experience in Rock'n'Roll through France, Switzerland and Germany, DEREK welcomes you on his website by presenting you his news compositions Rock-ethno-progressives. But also his journeys in Asia and all this, with conviviality.

These instrumental compositions reflect the feelings and the dreams of the hedonist whom I am. Mainly influenced by my journeys in Asia, notament in India, I try to tell various anecdotes and feelings that I cannot express by the words. Sometimes dark, sometimes brightened up, my music reveals in a way, my philosophic point of view of the life in front of natural elements or not, which surround us. 2 sides by the Yin and by the Yang join to create the harmony.

SERENITY
RICOCHET
THE BIG JUMP
ON THE BEACH
WILD AND FREE
ANJUNA MARKET
FANTASTIC TRAIN

http://www.derek-music.com

Last edited by derekmusic on Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

Just listened to Serenity. Downloading the others as I type.

It's not really my sort of prog, but it's played well, mixed and mastered very well and sounds really, really good. It just doesn't do a lot for me, but what does that matter?

It seemed to go a little left-speaker heavy partway through, but then the balance was restored so I suppose that works.

I like the alternation between the calm parts and the slightly more frenetic bits.

Nice one, thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks Lost Highway

Hey Derek!

Top notch!

You probably know how good this is, so, I'll just thank you for sharing it!

Nice to meet you PAP,
I thank you very much.
:)

Hi,

My last instrumental.

It's a mix of Rock with Blues tendency and Indian tablas and sitar.

LOTUS MAHAL

4:15 / 3.90 Mo / Mp3

Last edited by derekmusic on Sat May 13, 2006 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi,

My last instrumental.

It's a mix of Rock with Blues tendency and Indian tablas and sitar.

LOTUS MAHAL

4:15 / 3.90 Mo / Mp3

Hello,

Here, another new title COLOURS OF LIFE , realized this time in association with Philippe CHAVAROCHE as keyboards and composition.

6:27 MP3 5.94Mo

Derek

Hello,

Here is OLD THINGS heavy Funk-rock instrumental.

Mp3 4:42 4.32 Mo

:roll: :)

Hi,

It's a new small track.
This time , an Accoustic-Jazz-Rock composition with Indian influences.

WISDOM

Mp3 3:08 2,88Mo

Derek,

I got to listen to a couple of the tracks (Serenity and The Big Jump, IIRC), and really liked them. As Lost Highway said, the sound quality is really terrific. I've downloaded the whole batch and hope to listen to 'em all tomorrow. Thanks for posting these, they're a real inspiration.

DaveL
You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge.
-- Rush Show Don't Tell

Thank you Davel.

I hope that you'll also appreciate the other tracks.

Later.

Derek

:wink:

Reading the responses here I had to check it out, and boy am I glad I did! Love it!! Thanks for sharing them :) Listened to Serenity so far, must get the rest later. IMO that synth lead sound really never goes out of fashion ;)

I thank you, Rune.

Nice to meet you.

:wink:

Really beautiful stuff, Derek, and so much of it! I have to bookmark this and keep coming back to listen to more!

Return to “Music Cafe”