Orchestral pop arrangement. It's so pretty it hurts.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's a little something I knocked up today. It's a background arrangement for a chorus of one song of mine.

The full version, also finished, features EXTREMELY massive groovy drums and bass, but the background seems to work well as an independent unit. Have a listen.

http://www.michaelkingston.fi/files/teharranger.mp3

I'll record the vocals sometime this week so maybe I'll post the final mix on KVR as well. :wink:

A few years ago, back in high school, I got a fortune cookie at lunch. The fortune within read: "Help, I am being held prisoner in a Chinese Bakery!"

Oh, and a compact file format would be nice. (ever hear of mp3 or ogg? :wink:)

pretty neat, but i feel this piece is somewhat weak without any kind of context (which is difficult for me to say because I absolutely love some of your other tunes). come back and wow us with the final mix please; I, for one, would love to hear the full arrangement.

sorry, it was initially as .wav, but now finally as mp3 for conveniences sake. I wasn't initially going to post this but happened to have the .wav file already online so here we are.

eh, i was half-joking :D

Well there's yer half-serious mp3 nevertheless. :hihi:

The harmonies at some points get a bit messy, and it's not clear where you want to take it, or why you're using those harmonies. It is supposed to express a story, an emotion, a scenery, or what? I normally wouldn't ask or care if it's some mindless trance tune, but orchestral stuff tends to aim higher than that.

like I said,

it's "background harmonies" for a song, not originally intended to play on its own.

I agree about the mess, and I've since fixed it to be more clear on harmony lines, instrumentation. Not it's not going to be mindless trance *shrudder*, but soul-pop with big drums and bass. This arrangement will stay somewhat in the background, while drums, bass and vocals will take the foreground.

Return to “Music Cafe”