Different Shades {The Game II}

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, so I have this new machine that is totally outrageous. As I was recording another piece of noodlery I realized the complexity and variety of this with many different faces, why not try a (mass)collaboration or game...

The idea would be to offer this source material for you to graze through and pick your parts and create something new with it.
Now wow; that's a lot of fun, but it only starts here. If let's say three collaborated I in turn would have to pick one of the tracks of each track and create something in return with those tracks.

I don't know, I'm a terrible explainer at the moment, but this would be a good idea to start something up in the café and brew some extra life into it.

And without thought I'm just starting it :D

--------

Here's the mp3 of the source; if you want to collab I'll provide for the 24bit untouched wav.

The rules in short: you are only allowed to use parts of at least one minutes length and create a new track of around 5 minutes, anything you like really; electro, dark, or even disco :o

Be sure when you collaborate to be able to keep separate tracks. I'll mash up one track from each offered collab. Offcourse within the group seperate tracks can always be asked should others feel like going an extra mile ;)

Now if you have anymore questions be sure to ask clueless
Last edited by mystahr on Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oh ps; that name needs to be changed somehow; if somebody has a good name for the project...

I'm a little foggy on this, each part you use must be at least one minute? So we can't slice up bits and use them as source? The point then would be to accompany a part rather than sample/reconstruct?

I don't record to separate tracks, really, so not sure how that will work for me.

shamann wrote:I'm a little foggy on this...
Me too, but it sounds interesting...
Put yer explaining head on please!

I like the sounds a lot, got inspired so count me in. I've never done any KvR collabs but it is high time for me to come out of the closet :D

I'd be okay with the original rule of 1 minute min. clips, but there are parts that could be used as shorter snippets...

Let me try to clarify a bit more what I had in mind; it was a bit foggy when I was writing down this last night too but I figured let's start anyway and it will cristalize from there on.

I'm offering a 12+ min piece which after creating felt perfect to allow others to add or totally destruct and recreate. I personally am not too keen on rules, but I do think some set of rules should be made to have guidlines.

Basically what I had in mind was that others would use longer pieces from the offered track instead of soundhunting for loose sounds. Perhaps the one minute rule is a bit too much, and it's not really written in stone.

The way I see it; was to have groups of 4 people working on a collaboration where after creating a new track the collaboration wouldn't be over just yet. The idea is that people within that group would be able to ask a single track from each collaboration and once again take on a new track using only full tracks.

- - -

So basically what I'm trying to establish is the ressurection of the 'game' we did here a long time ago. And true, my explaining is perhaps not so great, but with the help of each other I figured; let's try it anyway.
I could remain silent and just post the track and get some feedback, but there was ground for more

So input offcourse is very much welcomed

Haven't heard the sounds and don't understand the rules, but I'm in! I'll just do a guitar solo on top ;-)

I have a feeling the more I'll be trying to explain, the less understandable it gets;Never been my strongest point.

All's for the fun experience

If I got it right, we'll work from at least 1 min blocks from the source, and submit an approx 5 min interpretation/outcome piece using that. You, the sourcesperson, will select solo tracks (or complete pieces, some things don't live in the linear universe) from these pieces, so we should structure the interpretations to comply when is possible.

I think it's all cool, keeping the minimun snip longer might make the whole more coherent, the source material sounds very flexible anyway.

... when do we start? :hyper:

Currently I'm uploading the flac file ;)

Perhaps this is a bit too ruly and all or people are not interested enough.

Perhaps I should only need to re-birth the game as Spaceman once started it, whadayathink?

Ok, here's a better way of taking it

A challenge

I challenge you to create a totaly new track using bits and fragments of the offered track.

groups of 4 only, but once the group is full new groups will be added.

Slightly different then my initial intention:
The group makes one track per person first. After that the group as a whole will make the final mix

So ....... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Yes; the game II :oops:

and about time too :hihi:

That's a rather sloppy start of something that'll hopefully be just a succesful game as the first game was.

I'm onto it!
I've been using the mp3, I degraded the source considerably so the format will be cool I think...

cheerz grilla

And I'm just gonna be stubborn headed about this; hop on if you're interested

mystahr wrote:Okay, so I have this new machine that is totally outrageous.
cmon... what is it... pictures !

Return to “Music Cafe”