MySpace kvrartists? - Add your link

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone here read the Myspace EULA?

It states that any content uploaded to their servers becomes the property of Myspace. Including the right to sell it if they please. They may only use it for promotion, but you never know. Photobucket recently changed over to the same policy, and people are popping up saying that Photobucket adopted their artwork in promos, and that they have started selling prints of peoples work, with no compensation for the artist.

Just a heads up.
What sound do dreams make when they die?

I can't believe that such an ugly website is, like, the #1 place to check out international music...

Geez, I really really hate myspace!
All those emo-kids don't bother me so much, it's just the layout of the page. User interface is unclear, and the page is filled with too many trash/pictures/spam.

do you have a link to the EULA?

I don't get it either. The place is ugly and unstable but there is so many people there it's great for marketing

Incase anyone was wondering:

http://www.myspace.com/KingdomAge
http://www.myspace.com/SHWABANGs
Last edited by Adambomb337 on Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Resonant Serpent wrote:Anyone here read the Myspace EULA?

It states that any content uploaded to their servers becomes the property of Myspace.
Which is why I only use excerpts instead of full tracks.
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

I don't think that's quite accurate: the EULA says, I think, that they can do pretty much whatever they want with your content while it's being hosted by them; you are bound by a non-exclusive[/b] contract, but you will get no royalties, say, if they decide to use your clip on a TV ad promoting MySpace. And this all terminates the moment you cancel your account.

The line I found troubling was the one about " Notwithstanding the foregoing, a back-up or residual copy of the Content posted by you may remain on the MySpace.com servers after you have removed the Content from the Services, and MySpace.com retains the rights to those copies." I think that's some type of ass-covering. I think it's on the up-and-up, pretty standard, but best to do what Sickle does, for sure.

I HATE MYSPACE!!!

Plus, those shitty flash players make the music sound like it's been bleached. And that doesn't mean it sounds 'clean'. :x

Die myspace! Die!!! :smack:
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

:lol:

TotcProductions wrote:
Plus, those shitty flash players make the music sound like it's been bleached. And that doesn't mean it sounds 'clean'. :x
Usually I agree, but I just got back from mixing live sound for four young punk* bands and its reassuring to know that there isn't any treble there anyway: I can almost pretend my ears aren't f**ked :roll:

* 'Punk' is what you call it when they can't tune their guitars, right?

IIRs wrote:
TotcProductions wrote:
Usually I agree, but I just got back from mixing live sound for four young punk* bands and its reassuring to know that there isn't any treble there anyway: I can almost pretend my ears aren't f**ked :roll:

* 'Punk' is what you call it when they can't tune their guitars, right?
Nowadays punk can be applied to any music irrespective of how it sounds and what the message is...as long as it's said, it has to be true. ;) Always remember, sum41/greenday and offspring were/are considered punk. Now, back to the part where i said as long as it's said, it has..........

so if you delete a file from your profile, is it still on their server?

I haven't loaded up a song yet, but you guys have brought up a very good point...

Yes, myspace sucks...

But a few weeks ago it sucked me too... http://www.myspace.com/quniunb/

IIRs wrote:* 'Punk' is what you call it when they can't tune their guitars, right?
ive been in a couple of *punk* bands :hihi:

for myspace you need broadband.

for malware I ocassionally need to use free programs 'HijackThis' and 'PcrView'when problems arise.

I have found it positive and affirming.

I bought software from myfriend jackdark,
I have found country music I like [I didn't think I liked country music],
I bought a CD of singer/songwriter acoustic guitar songs [completely away from from my preferred genres],and got motivated to fix the bridge of my acoustic guitar I haven't played for 10 years and write a warm campfire song,
I have rekindled an interest I had in photography some years ago,and bought a digital camera,but me being me, have procrastinated about using it,
I have learnt a little of webdesign,
I have read alot of damn fine poetry,and my poet friends are amongst the most vigourous at myspace,
I have some artist friends whose art I think is way cool,
I have for a long time been interested in viewing graphic art,and have a collection of jpg's that I share with others with the same interest,
I have seen really interesting bulletins about all sorts of interesting stuff,politics to pavement art,

and I have 20 or so 'penpals' that I talk with about just everyday or three,the stuff of our lives about from time to time,and almost all of these are women, as I am single and they are drop dead gorgeous,

there are cutters,ex-prostitutes,myspace whores who surprise with choice dj set lists and biting political narratives,and a few who I strike a chord with,like me, they have to deal with envious mean-eyed cold judgemental dog-women and their boys with no bum and a low sperm count, who are incredibly nosey,and invade us in the real world,

I look at other musicians pages and see from the comments who is listening to music and add them,
other people add me because I read blogs and comment,and a few even like my tunes lol

I have political discussions with indigenous people that have been overtaken by a colonial power, about the way 'the treaty' always has two versions,
and in all of this I don't have many bad moments,
it is positive and affirming.
I don't make judgements,but people are there for different reasons.
I delete people that are annoying with too many bulletins,and who are 'negative'.

In the real world I am very busy and have alot of responsibility,and don't have the time at the moment to pursue realtime relationships.
And if that seems like being a loser,too bad,I am marking time.
Meanwhile I have come across some really interesting people,contact with whom I really value.
Last edited by fateamenabletochange on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”