MySpace kvrartists? - Add your link

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mines in my sig

:tu:

choochcat wrote:I shouldn't like this, but I do.
it's the only news source you can trust. :hihi:

choochcat wrote:
TotcProductions wrote:now 'emo' is the excuse for not being able to sing or play and instrument
Isn't emo more about being an overprivileged whining fuckwad in need of a kicking? :?
I know...that's the problem, it's the new "punk". :roll: Personally, I think these little f**ks should wipe their noses on their sweaters and shut the f**k up. That's just me though...so who knows. :roll:

Peace
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

TotcProductions wrote:
choochcat wrote:
TotcProductions wrote:now 'emo' is the excuse for not being able to sing or play and instrument
Isn't emo more about being an overprivileged whining fuckwad in need of a kicking? :?
I know...that's the problem, it's the new "punk". :roll: Personally, I think these little f**ks should wipe their noses on their sweaters and shut the f**k up. That's just me though...so who knows. :roll:

Peace
all the little emo/goth/skater kids hang around outside the Forum/library in the city centre here..little c**ts who do f**k all but sit and 'smoke' fags, make one can of coke between 8 last all day and make the place look like a zombie convention...then get picked up by mummy in her new Merc :x
Last edited by Kriminal on Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plus, what really pisses me off....is that, although i hate to admit it, I did like earlier nineties bands like 'sunny day realestate'. The so called "emo" took their sound and warped itinto the "i'm rich and white but i've got tatoos and green hair and my girlfriend left me so I must be punk" 'emo' scene.

:x GRRRRRRRRRRR :x

-=ToTc Owns You=-

No, punk no longer exists. Punk died in the 80's...the psuedo punk came next....and now 'emo' is the excuse for not being able to sing or play and instrument.

so curious because this sounds like what an old fart would say,yet you are a young fart is what you is

the only explanation is the type of drugs you may or may not be taking

Where else can you find programchild and Tony Iommi on the same page?

:D
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

btw, I'll pay someone $20 to change that stupid f**king default page for me..

:hihi:

but I might be wrong and don't want to cause any offense.........for punk to work you have to be f**king homicidally angrey about something and be on depressant drugs imho

fateamenabletochange wrote:but I might be wrong and don't want to cause any offense.........for punk to work you have to be f**king homicidally angrey about something and be on depressant drugs imho
No No no. I say what I say because I know the history of punk extremely well, and what is today is not punk. The so called "punk" scene of today is a marketing venture...it's a corporate creation...it started with blink 182, and it took off from there. There's nothing punk about a bunch of overprivileged white kids who happened to buy a skateboard and wear makeup. :x

Punk was 'founded' by the depraved youth of the early 70's who were enraged by their situations and the fact that no one took them seriously...they started playing instruments but never learned how to play properly, they turned up the amps to the point of distortion to and expressed their frustrations. Punk was not a formula...it wasn't a musical theory...it was blatant disregard for it if anything...and that's what made it good, and that's what made it punk. The fact that the kids playing it were in fact "PUNKS", in the 70's meaning of the word. :x

-=ToTc Owns You=-

btw, I'll pay someone $20 to change that stupid f**king default page for me..

go to the link hat krim suggested or there are dozens,go to 'most popular searches'

bleh..

ooppss sorry,I am really out of touch,they have punk these days ???lol ?? I thought it had been and gone

I think I might have been one of those depraved youths of the 70's hence this lapse
I used to watch toy love in margot bartons basement

fateamenabletochange wrote: and now 'emo' is the excuse for not being able to sing or play and instrument.
I thought that was IDM.
(ducks)

No, but seriously, the word 'punk' was almost meaningless right from the get go.

Remember all of the arguments about 'punk' vs 'new wave'?

That was the best part about high school:

"Hey punk rock fag!!"

"Devo punk rock whip it good!!"

"hyeh hyeh hyeh"

How I miss it. :wink:

@ Totc

Sunny Day Real Estate were indeed very cool.

That second album (the pink one) was genius pop music.

Return to “Music Cafe”