noodle pt. 2

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

after Friday night's fun-filled collaboration, I had the opportunity to sit down with Mark (aka Mystahr) for a remote collaboration Saturday night/Sunday morning. the hour-long improv was recorded and is presented thus.

Do the Clicky Dance Here

the way we were set up prevented me from capturing Mark's performance in stereo and I forgot to set up the MD recorder so that I could get a clean recording, so we just have the 96kbps mp3. it still sounds good to me, though (especially if you can't pinpoint where I edited out the intense clipping).

again... enjoy.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

Cool 8)

I look forward to hearing this back myself, as i mostly was hearing myself while checking in on the stream on heads irregularly.

Cool! What method do you use to remotely collaborate in real time? I've looked at some stuff but the latency the internet induced was always a big problem.
"...Everything we see or seem is but a dream, within a dream."
MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/MarcJX8P
Virb: http://www.virb.com/marcjx8p

One hell of a noodle... loads of fun.

Marc JX8P wrote:Cool! What method do you use to remotely collaborate in real time? I've looked at some stuff but the latency the internet induced was always a big problem.
mark broadcast to a port on a shoutcast server that I maintain. I noodled along with what he was broadcasting and then broadcast that back out on another port that he could connect to and listen in. there was massive amounts of latency, but given the nature of the performance, it doesn't affect the outcome too much. the downside being that I can't record his performance in stereo - yet. I need to invest in some more cables (something of a mantra of mine...) so that I can get a stereo input on my mixer.

thanks for listening.
dystonia_ek wrote:One hell of a noodle... loads of fun.
thanks. :D
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

I still haven't heard this in full (due to lack of time) but twice now I gotten at least till half way.

We should do this more often :D

Cheers Marc and James

This is excellent. Really dig the flow of the last half-hour.

Shame about the bit rate, makes it a kind of AM radio excellent, but excellent nonetheless.

AM radio!

*indignant huff*

96 kbps is a higher fidelity than FM radio.

"AM radio excellent"... why I never... lousy damned canadians...

:x

Return to “Music Cafe”