Happy portishead

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

and i'll coach the vocalist ;)

haven't you done enough coaching for now?

griels wrote:Indeed, this is great work, you seem to have hit a rich creative seam recently as far as music is concerned :cool:
Well I've only actually done two songs and both of them I've been working on, on and off, since Xmas hehe..;)

griels wrote: It's definitely come on a long way mix/groovewise since the first version I heard too! Sounding very Portishead/Air-esque now (that heavily reverbed Rhodes riff reminds me a lot of La Femme d'Argent). The distortion on parts of the track have really helped the elements to gel.

Look forward to hearing how this ends up... It's sounding better with each mix.
Cheers bud

Ben

tis indeed very cool this ben.

i think the breathy style of the vox works well and your mix has improved massively since i first heard it.

i love the little incidently synthy bits.

nice 8)

steve.

donkey tugger wrote:As international reggae superstar Paul Daimond once said to me, "Niiiiice" (Actually he was probably refering to the bitch foundation). Very clean and pristine. Singer probably goes for it a bit too much for my liking (ease up on the breathy shite and the vibrato a bit, or save it till the end of the song), and deffo needs the proverbial middle 8 (relative minor? steady donkey......). But, niiiiice.
Cheers mate.

I had to ask the jaathmaster what a relative minor was.. :-o :hihi: ... the last verse / warble was supposed to be the middle 8 kinda thing... but I might have a re-think.

Ben

clueless wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:ease up on the breathy
agreed. you could snip it out! might go for a thicker, murkier, more chocolatey...:hihi:... sound too.
I kinda delibretely brought out the breathiness. I wanted that up close feel to the vocals. But I'll have a little play around and see what it sounds like with it removed.
clueless wrote: and you should really get me to play the Rhodes. :oops:
that would be very cool..:).. perhaps a middle 8 solo?

Ben

Kriminal wrote:and i'll coach the vocalist ;)

:smack:

Glooper wrote:I kinda delibretely brought out the breathiness. I wanted that up close feel to the vocals. But I'll have a little play around and see what it sounds like with it removed.
for reference, I was thinking of (for example) the vocal on Royksopp's "Sparks".
Glooper wrote:that would be very cool..:).. perhaps a middle 8 solo?
just say the word!

:hyper:

I'm drowning in remixes at the moment, but a quick little solo is something I Could Actually Get Done :oops: in the tiny morcels of free time I have.

clueless wrote:
Glooper wrote:I kinda delibretely brought out the breathiness. I wanted that up close feel to the vocals. But I'll have a little play around and see what it sounds like with it removed.
for reference, I was thinking of (for example) the vocal on Royksopp's "Sparks".
Glooper wrote:that would be very cool..:).. perhaps a middle 8 solo?
just say the word!
please? :)

I'm off to work now... but tomorrow I can bounce down the bassline and drums drums for you to solo on? I can also send the midi file of the current rhodes chord sequence thingy

Ben

8) :D

although the word I was looking for was 'thankyou'. :hihi:

he said, jinxing himself. :scared:

nevermind, i missed the hilarity of the sarcasm in the above post.
Last edited by Kriminal on Thu May 04, 2006 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kriminal wrote:
clueless wrote:
although the word I was looking for was 'thankyou'. :hihi:
he hasnt heard it yet :hihi:
hence
clueless wrote:he said, jinxing himself. :scared:

oh

New mix down with vocals at a better volume, hopefully... also took down the level of the breathiness (I tried removing it but it sounded too jilted without it). And had another go at fixing the bass drum...

http://www.phunkynutts.com/music/So%20B ... ix%207.mp3

a bit better... :).. i hope

Ben

have you got the fastest server in the world? 3 second download!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Music Cafe”