small drunken go-betweens tribute

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Grant McLennan of Aussie band The Go-Betweens died on the weekend. One of those honest, unassuming songwriters who keep your faith in music alive. I was thinking and drinking about this a bit this evening, so I pulled up the lyrics to 'Cattle and Cane' on google and did a quick cover, just guitar and voice.

It's shabby and rudimentary and I'll probably pull it down in the morning, but for the time being:

Cattle and Cane

Cheers for the songs, Grant.

Can't say I know much about Go-Betweens, but this is a nice song, very well executed. Sometimes a guitar and the voice is all it takes.

Saw the news the other day. I sighed audibly and received blank stares when I explained to my co-workers.

A lovely version of the tune and a fitting tribute.

Very nice Barnadine.
I also know very little about the Go Betweens although a couple of band mates are very big fans.
The only track I have in my possession is The Clock

Forgot about this. Thanks guys.

Even in Australia, you get a lot of blank stares when you mention the Go-Betweens. A few of their early songs slipped into mainstream consciousness, but the band itself never quite broke beyond cult status. Though they were having a late resurgence in the last few years. Ah well.

Nice song Mike... Simple and sensitive.
I've never hear the band name before. Interesting...

Oh that's good, you really do the track justice.

A fitting tribute for sure.

.g

Return to “Music Cafe”