unconventional Beatles covers

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having a blast doing these hard rock/metal versions of old Beatles tunes, so I thought I'd share a couple here for anyone who wants to listen. Any feedback, criticism, or suggestions welcomed.

michelle

help!

*they're both 128 bit mp3.

Great! When are you doing Octopus's Garden and Obladi Oblada? Nice guitar!

since you're into this: http://www.beatallica.org/

...oh and,

excellent covers by the way. It does remind me of beatallica quite a lot, but your vocal sound is different in a good way.

(the beatallica vocalist is simply aping james hetfield)

CWoodOne wrote:Great! When are you doing Octopus's Garden and Obladi Oblada? Nice guitar!
Thanks, and those are both great suggestions. The only problem I've found with doing Beatles covers is that it's hard to pick one. There's so friggin' many good tunes to pick from!
Kingston wrote:...oh and,

excellent covers by the way. It does remind me of beatallica quite a lot, but your vocal sound is different in a good way.

(the beatallica vocalist is simply aping james hetfield)
And a'thank you too. Yeah I know those guys' stuff well, they're great. ("got to get you trapped under ice" and "leper madonna" are my favorites) I wanted to do something similar but with my own flavor... but seeing as how Metallica was my favorite band growing up, mine turned out not all that different from theirs. Although I'd like to think mine has a little Megadeth flavor mixed in as well. Just a pinch, to spice things up.

In one of my bands in high school we did metal versions of Help and Eleanor Rigby. A$$ was kicked...
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

No recording? I'd love to hear 'em. Elenor Rigby seems like it would transfer really well.

Perfect Circle does a great version of Imagine. They use minors on the piano chords that really expose the dark underbelly of the utopian lyrics.

So funny ! :hyper: and great job, really.
.:darl_chenu:.

801 (Manzanera, Eno, Simon Phillips, yadda yadda) covered Tomorrow Never Knows years ago...

Very 'eavy, in an ArtProg kinda way. Way ahead of it's time
eccentric genius

"It's not my goddamned planet, monkeyboy"
-John Bigboote

for yet another surprising "tomorrow never knows" tribute (although in clever disguise),

listen to "chemical brothers - setting sun".

In fact play those two back to back. I guarantee a nice surprise. Makes one wonder why chemical brothers never mentions this anywhere. Copyright I guess?

great covers, warren!
5 twelve

Love your Zelda themes, one of my favorite game themes ever. That and the Castlevania Day/Night themes.

"Come together" would be great.
I liked these covers but since it's a metal version where are the guitar solos?

warren wrote:I'm having a blast doing these hard rock/metal versions of old Beatles tunes, so I thought I'd share a couple here for anyone who wants to listen. Any feedback, criticism, or suggestions welcomed.

michelle

help!

*they're both 128 bit mp3.
Excellent! Your voice and the arrangment are great; congrats!

Return to “Music Cafe”