noisy soundscape with a beat - blaster78

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

decided to do another "one take wonder" piece this morning (cept this one was actually 2 takes cos my computer kept crapping out with too many fx)

dark and noisy.....

used and abused my nord, microwave, chimera and scanned synth, some samples, a bucket load of fx and all beats are by xoxos superb new thingy, ordinate.

enjoy... or not....

:evil:

steve.

Lovely stuff.. sounds great

and is that a house sparrow I hear?

Truly weird. Great!

Very neat! The intro is fantastic...I kept expecting Edward Ka-Spel's voice to come in at any moment (that's a compliment). Then it shifted into something not unlike the sort of thing that might have been heard on an old Big City Orchestra cassette (another compliment). When the little sample comes in between the dialogue and the beat, I was utterly hooked. This is the sort of thing I love to listen to.
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

cant help but like this steve ...

slainte :phones: rob

cool, glad everyone's enjoying it, i really like doing these "as live" tunes cos its very different to the way i usually write.

many thanks,

steve.

Scot Solida wrote:Very neat! The intro is fantastic...I kept expecting Edward Ka-Spel's voice to come in at any moment (that's a compliment).

compliment indeed 8)

very wicked track. amazing stuff, i liked this ALOT.

This pretty excellent, Steve. Lots of twists and turns, more than you might expect for a live jam.

Mate, I had to download this the second I saw the word 'Microwave'... and you have not disappointed!

This is very up my street, though I tend to use real sounds in this kind of music, rarely synths. Im interested in how you get you synths so sound so organic?

Inparticular, the metalic bell like ambience at the start sounds almost real, as if from a filtered bowl recording or pitched bowed cymbal. Ringmod plays a part Id figure?

Very cool piece, with excellent sounds design. Nice one!

TB

outré , and tautomeric ...
quite the enjoyable journey ...

shamann wrote:This pretty excellent, Steve. Lots of twists and turns, more than you might expect for a live jam.
kind of cheating cos as i say, my computer crapped out so much i had to do 2 passes which gave me a lot of scope for adapting and playng off the first take the second time round.

the live jam thing is really enjoyable, very immeadiate, and with looping and the matrix mixers and lots of convoluted fx chains, suprisingly versatile.

glad you enjoyed it.

cheers,

steve.

tee boy wrote:Mate, I had to download this the second I saw the word 'Microwave'... and you have not disappointed!
it's big, orange and lovely with 40 knobs..... what more could anyone want :wink:
tee boy wrote: This is very up my street, though I tend to use real sounds in this kind of music, rarely synths. Im interested in how you get you synths so sound so organic?

Inparticular, the metalic bell like ambience at the start sounds almost real, as if from a filtered bowl recording or pitched bowed cymbal. Ringmod plays a part Id figure?
my fx chain on that early intro stuff uses supaphaser (great for bell like resonances), the risset filters in mulch (again, really good for that ever eveloving belllike, phasing sound), filterscape (which can give anything life !) and also as you suspect the ringmod effect in mulch. plus of course the usual delays and reverbs and stff.

the actual sound source for the whole of that early stuff was one "e" from the microwave and a patch i made on chimera being played with the pitchbend wheel. i can actually hold the note with the sustain pedals then and that leaves my hands free to manipulate the 14 channels of audio these two sounds are split into :wink:

i will at somepoint invest in some bits and pieces of real stuff, little bells, a music box, some, a tin whistle that kind of thing. i'd like to get into real instruments through massive fx chains.
tee boy wrote: Very cool piece, with excellent sounds design. Nice one!

TB
thanks 8)

cheers,

steve.

normal wrote:outré , and tautomeric ...
quite the enjoyable journey ...
thanks normal 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”