The Amazing Hawkline Band

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey everyone,

These tracks are from a new project i have been working on. It is kind of a folk rock/alt country outfit in dayton ohio. I play guitar, slide(home made) and bass on these recordings. My friend scott wrote most of the songs and we recorded them together. His voice is a bit harsh at times, i have been using a cheap akg dynamic mic on vocals, but am looking for a good replacement that is versatile enough for maybe drums and acoustic guitar too.

here is my equipment:

shure sm57
adk sc-1 small diaphragm condenser
akg dynamic mic

behringer multicom

presonus firebox

cubase sx

here is a rundown of the songs and how they were recorded:

"we will all be deaf" - an early experiment in completely live recording, not very relevant

"train headed home" - our first track that was multitracked, i would love some crit on how to polish this one off and clean it up

"the coroner" - everything done live except for the vocals, only one mic on drums, so i had to do a lot of eqing to get it where it is. any ideas on how to make that kick a bit less muddy and distorted?

"howl" - multitracked and my favorite track. the vocals will probably need to be redone because of the out of tune first verse.

http://www.myspace.com/theamazinghawklineband

please leave some feedback and tell me what you think of these tracks. feel free to become a myspace friend too!

thanks,

mike

Return to “Music Cafe”