LotD - Legions of the Dead

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Listen to my new track, "Legions of the Dead" at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=470969

This one is much more straight-forward metal than my other stuff. When I uploaded my previous track several people didn't seem to like the mix of metal and rock, so this track should make up for that.

When I posted Corpse on a Stick someone asked where the blast beats were. They're right here.

This is loud, evil, blast-beat filled black/death metal. If you don't like that sort of thing then avoid this one all together.

Now for the disclaimer: This track is not finished. I have not had a chance to add vocals and it's in a very rough state. Aside from a tiny bit of EQ and compression this track is un-effected. Of course, the song will sound repetitive without vocals, so please don't bother to mention repetition in your review.

Also, don't have your speakers/headphones cranked when you hit play. This track starts of with some very loud blast beats. Your ears will thank you later.
Excuse all the blood.

All right brother,, Definitly old school delivery. The structure is certainly straight forward, but so what, Its got a vibe going, although as you asked not to say, It is repititive, and maybe cut down a few times, but just my opinion. and also just a suggestion, is after the middle breakdown, I like how it went back to the first riff, but I didnt like how it basically just started the song over at that point, Maybe try to put an ending on this song, or at least try to add one more riff that puts a little more texture on the song.. BUt otherwise I like it bettere than the last one.

ANd tell em to turn it up at the start, KILL THEM EARDRUMS!!!!
link to my Asspace page(Myspace) This has become a necessary evil http://www.myspace.com/worldofshit1

I dunno man, i think the drumming is too stiff.
However, i can understand where quantizing is necessary for this sort of fast paced metal so maybe adjust the quantixation with your host so there's more of a swing (hah..swing in death metal)..you get what i mean though.

Another riff might be a good idea. I was getting a little bored at the end.

As for the drums, it's rather difficult to let too much swing show through. At 240 bpm even small changes can throw the rhythm rather badly.
Excuse all the blood.

Hey Sickle, where are you? :D
Excuse all the blood.

Sickle?
Excuse all the blood.

Return to “Music Cafe”