Coldskool. A kinda Electro track.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edit: Gone. Cheers for the input though guys, it's much appreciated. :tu:
Last edited by Reverse Engineer on Sun May 28, 2006 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

listened, commented at the auditorium...
I put down the hammer.
Cheers!
for entertaining porpoises only

deaf dunderkwac wrote:listened, commented at the auditorium...
I put down the hammer.
Cheers!
Thanks for listening Mr. deaf :P If you're ever round that way again, i put a question to you. :P

I agree that the kick may be a little overpowering - could also be due to the frequency, maybe needs eq-ing a little as well.
That's a shame because I really like what's going on behind it, very much a flavour that I appreciate - just seems too subdued in the mix.
Still listening to your tune 'teragen' by the way, one of my cafe faves :D

if you take my comments and "reverse" them (hehe) you should be able to sort out your monitoring.
for entertaining porpoises only

diverdee wrote:I agree that the kick may be a little overpowering - could also be due to the frequency, maybe needs eq-ing a little as well.
That's a shame because I really like what's going on behind it, very much a flavour that I appreciate - just seems too subdued in the mix.
Still listening to your tune 'teragen' by the way, one of my cafe faves :D
Wow...i thought my tunes were of the "he's learning, so i'll have a listen, make a comment then bin it" type :lol: (which i actually ended up doing with that track...i seem to get to a point where i just, i don't know, do something that messes it up altogether and i hate them therein...i've done that with probably about 70-80+ tracks now and god knows how many that didn't reach any form of completion, i only have 4 'whole' tracks left since i started trying to make music. :P ) I genuinely do appreciate you taking the time to listen and also for taking the time to give me pointers on it. I'll certainly try and make something more of it by putting into action the help i've been given.

Oh, and one of the first things i done was turn MY bass settings back up thanks to Alienz pointing out quite an oversight on my part :oops: (they were @ -6dB) so that should at least give me a clearer picture of what's going on (i had a listen to the track with my settings back as they should be and i hear exactly what is being said, it actually quite annoyed me the way it just took over. :P )

I'd definately like to hear a re-mixed version of this with the new settings in effect, as I very much like it.
There's a flavour to your tunes that reminds me of some of the stuff I like downloading from certain netlabels, such as thinner - it was definately what I thought listening to this one.
I get where you're coming from with starting tracks & binning them - only at the moment I don't even get as far as starting them :D

Personally I liked the 'overpowering' kickdrum. Like the minimal feel of the first third or so of the track.

circlefreak wrote:Personally I liked the 'overpowering' kickdrum. Like the minimal feel of the first third or so of the track.
Thanks for having a listen, but i ended up cutting quite a bit of the bass off. :P

I've uploaded an edited version if anyone feels like they want to check it out? :P

Ok, you know about the kick being loud, however, as the song gets into the part where the snare comes in, it doesn't seem to overpower the song anymore.
It almost seems intentional and I would have to agree with Circlefreak that it works. I like how the song is in the background while the kick is upfront. Once the main beat kicks in, everything blends. I would stick with the idea.

The only thing is, once the song blends in (again, snare coming in), i would adjust the mix. The synths seem too loud at parts etc. etc.....it needs a better mix.

Also, my 2 cents, use a punchier snare :wink:

Good track!

I'll have another listen when I get home :D

diverdee wrote:I'll have another listen when I get home :D
Sooo....how's the weather where you are diverdee? *whistles* :P Only kidding, i'm using you as an excuse for a bump and wondering what you made of the 'updated' mix? :P

Arse-oled last night.
The Kick doesn't take over now, it's still present, more subtle - I prefer it that way personally.
The snare now may be too apparent - i'm not sure , that was just an initial first impression, second impression it's more apparent when the snare first appears, then again my ears are sensitive this morning.
Just goes to show what a science/art hybrid mixing is.
Overall I personally like it better.
So does our lass - & she's totally ruthless mate - no mercy :D

Return to “Music Cafe”