A KVR Contest Entry Fleshed Out - "Theme From Kresky"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One of my favorite web sites is a labour of love by Timothy Madison, who has elaborately put together everything you ever wanted to know about his favorite late seventies cop-on-the-edge drama, the one, the only, Nick Kresky. Episode and character guides, interviews, FAQs, etc.

The only thing missing? No copy of the theme song! What good is a cop show (especially a mid-to-late seventies one) without its own Funktion 500 theme song?

Well, I'm here to tell you, I found a copy while cleaning out the attic - and boy howdy, if it's not as funky as you can ever get - dancefloor bass, powerhouse drums, wah-wah rhythm, good old electric pianos and analog string synth!

And since this a full-length version of the theme tune, they've added a couple of fuzzy, edgy guitar solos. They don't record them like that anymore!

So, I've gone and put it up on the Soundclick site - be sure to check it out.

You can also find this track here!

And don't forget to check out the Kresky page too !

(all kidding aside, I had a lot of fun doing this track, and remembering all the great cop show themes from the sixties and seventies of my youth. It's actually an extension of a track I did back in December for the Music Cafe TV Theme Song Contest, and I felt it had too much potential to throw out).

host - Cubase SE on Power Mac G4 MDD
drums - Groove Agent 2
electric piano - NI FM7
string synth - The Cheeze Machine
bass - Hentor Dreibelbass through Johnson J-Station
wah guitar - Peavey Predator Plus through Tech 21 Killer Wail wah and into J-Station
first solo - Peavey Wolfgang Special ST (neck pickup) into J-Station.
second solo - Wolfgang through NI PlexiCombo plug-in
weird intro wah line - Peavey Falcon massaged with E-Bow into J-Station and processed with Luxtronix multi-effects plug in.

As always, I'd like to hear feedback. Thanks again!
"Ooo, look at me, I'm making people HAPPY! I'm the Magical Man from Happyland! In a gumdrop house on Lollypop Laaaaaaane!" - Homer Simpson

Time to bump this :)

Hey, I already liked this at the past contest!
Nice tune, well composed 8)
The only "complaint" I have: For my taste the solo guitar later on is too loud (too much hifrequencies?) in the mix.

Good work :)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Nicely done track. I would agree that the guitar is too dominant and busy on the solo (but I can tell you enjoyed yourself ;) ). Also, the drums are not "present" enough. They sound too GM-like in contrast to the real guitar.

Hi Dreibel
This version is excellent, even better than the contest track, (which I voted in the better positions) it was really good although shorter and a bit less inspired IMO.
Very nice guitar solo, good rhythmic section, great arrangements, and top-class production.
I really enjoyed this one

Cheers

Return to “Music Cafe”