Hi Plz have a listen & tell me what u think

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice track, it does need some EQing I believe as you said, those pad stabs just seem to take up a lot of the 'space' to me, maybe play them an octave higher or replace them with some guitar stabs and use a long sustaining pad instead. I'd also aggree that the bass is a little to loud in the mix.

Still a good relaxing tune though,

cheers,

WoJ

snooky wrote:
normal wrote:
CypherOne wrote:don't worry, snooky's a bit of a cnt.
a bit ?...
really, what the f**k did I ever do to you normal?

I can't think of anything...you just want to hang with the big boys and show them that you to is badass...weeellitty, that's not going to cut it...just leave me the f**k alone, allright?
my apologies to stig , for further sidetracking his thread ...
but ...

it's not anything you 'did' , to me , snooky ...

you post in this thread , apropos of nothing , critisizing the original poster , for ' shortening ' words ...
i point out your propensity for doing the same thing ...
if you are going to dish it out , you better learn to take it ...

no, it was just a valid question (for me) to ask why he shortened such common words..it just looks childish and I didn't listen to his tracks because I thought they were made by a 12 year old.

I didn't mean to offend him and it didn't look like he did get offended, but it's a reminder; if you want to look professional about your work, don't go like : D00dz, listn t0 my tracks0rz!!!1

WoJ wrote:Yea but at least your getting attention. ;)

Listenin now.

WoJ
thats very true :D
If all else fails...make a cup of tea

...[/quote]

my apologies to stig , for further sidetracking his thread ...
but ...

...[/quote]

thats ok mate :)

I hear Virtual Guitarist Acc guitar, am I right? :)

yes m8,i sometimes use it to give me
ides and saves me playing :D
and fm7 was used too, the bass was samples from a frends vir bassist
and drums from jamstix

WoJ wrote:Yea but at least your getting attention. ;)

Listenin now.

WoJ
No such thing as bad publicity!
(oops did i say a dirty word? :hihi: )
Will be listenin in a minute.

ya i get the feeling you've got to watch what U say around here :P

Hi Stig
Half way through you could introduce a piano just playing the chords in the backgound.Then you could do a da da da backing vocal.
And maybe some washy sweepy synth chords.There's lots you could do with it. :love:
cheers
Philip :)

stig you if want me to do some pianos in the back i owe you one, you know where to contact me. :wink:

just got round to listening now.
The track very nice and well put together.
As said before, alot more could me done with it, but It's not necessarily where you want it to go. Maybe you have backround film music in mind?
I hear influence from The Cure which is nice (maybe a co-incidence, maybe u hate them).
theres a couple of sounds round 1:20 that seem to get a bit lost, which is strange coz theres less happening there. So maybe it just translates differently on different speakers. Or maybe they do need t be turned up a tad.
i think the endin lets it down a bit.
Also, I haven't tried that many drum machines and I've never even heard of jamstix (I usually use Impulse that comes with Live) so maybe I don't know enough here but the drums sounded very realistic to me.
thanks for sharin

Bèndybônz thank you for a good and fair review
I do agree a lot more could be done but I didn't want to over do it in parts, which I normally do :roll:
I did laugh at the Cure bit as I'm not very fond of them at all
I had a listen at around 1.20 but I'm not sure what you are hearing there , sounds ok at that bit ,but please get back to me if its somewhere else ,I do know that the guitars need recording in parts again, sounds a bit messy in places and yes the ending is crap
Has for jamstix do have a look at the website you can download a demo,think I paid about 70 pounds for the software and some add-on kits
Again thanks for your review
stig
jamstix are @ http://www.rayzoon.com

Nice & mellow. It does have a familiarity to it, but I think that has more to do with the style than actually sounding like another song. I do like the harmony guitars. You may want to consider a different guitar tone - to my ears the guitar is a little too jangly for the mellow tone of the backing track. Nice ending also.

Welcome to kvr.
1st off, I didn't read the other responses so hopefully I'm not repearing anything.
Though this genre is not my cup of tea I gotta say you did a good job.
I especially like the guitar and bass tones, though I'd turn up the low bass eq and
compress it a bit, and the whole mix strikes me as pretty quiet (by todays overcompressed standards probably not a bad thing).

That's Jamstix? One of it's presets? Or externally triggered?

Perhaps you can get someone around here to add some vocals for you.
I always want to collaborate with some of the great folks around here.
Which reminds me - I've got to go find a track by Funky Lime and be shamed into admitting I've got nothing good enough to add to it...

- runagate

Return to “Music Cafe”