Hip Hop (updated)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fresh off the presses!

Can't Live
New Line

As always, feedback welcome, even negative feedback.

edit: couple more, hot off the presses:

Pluckey
Piecemeal
Last edited by jones-y on Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Good shit as usual my man, keep up the good work.

Hmmm.. the vocal at the start of "Can't Live" is too dry sounding. Any time I've heard that kind of thing, it's mostly always sounded quite degraded, and if that's what you were after, I don't think you quite managed it.

However everything after that sounds pretty cool. I like the stabs and the guitaresque parts.

Not my cuppa tea in totality (I'm more into trip hop than hip hop), but I can definitely appreciate the work.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

"New Line"

I like the funky vibe you're going for, but I think you could definitely funk up the guitar a lot more - did you use an autowah? If not, try one ;)

Beat sounds phat!
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Amberience, in response to your first post, the vocal clip is from a record I got from the thrift store in good shape (oddly enough) so I figured that's the way God wanted it... lol. I may sample it into my EMAX for a touch of grit, but I dunno yet.

Second post: The guitar chops are from a coupla loops (I chopped them up). I like it the way it is, but I may mess with it some more I was going for simple and punchy, so I think I'm close to finished.

I'm loving New Line, jones. I love the timing on it, the guitar lags slightly from the beat, great effect.

I'm not sure I'm feeling Can't Live. Not in love with rocker guitars in it or the chipmunk vocals.

shamann wrote:I'm loving New Line, jones. I love the timing on it, the guitar lags slightly from the beat, great effect.
Thank Guru!

Hey do I smell a new ad campaign?

jones-y wrote:Thank Guru!
Quick, trademark it before they take it from you.

:lol:

New Line - there's some tiny rhythmic discrepencies going on in there - are you getting
a not-automatically-corrected latency on one of your tracks?
Actually, about the same with Can't Live...? anout 45ms somewhere in there making the
rhythms not sync up?

Chipmunky vocals. Kinda just tapers off there, don't it.
That almost calls for drinking an entire 4-pack of cough syrup.
A little poppy for my tastes but well done, especially the strings and nice autowah effect.

the timing is very much _not_ by accident. :wink:

Eek I'm embarassed.
Sounds like something someone would say about, well, any given song of mine.
I just assumed because it's hip-hop... hmm I'll go listen to Gravediggaz as penance.

:hihi: no worries brother! I got alligator skin man. Glad you took the time to listen!

jones-y wrote::hihi: no worries brother! I got alligator skin man. Glad you took the time to listen!
Obviously you have aligator skin.
You post hip-hop on kvr.
I like it.

runagate wrote:
jones-y wrote::hihi: no worries brother! I got alligator skin man. Glad you took the time to listen!
Obviously you have aligator skin.
You post hip-hop on kvr.
I like it.
Yeah well, I guess I'm one of the locals now... they don't even bat an eyelash for me.

Return to “Music Cafe”