The Moon is Made of Cheeze

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I need to post music more. Well perhaps I don't... Here it is anyways: was scoring a drifty space piece in my mind, discovered a couple of new ways to do some things. Inspired by the boudary breaking here. Enough bs, sorry

The Moon is Made of Cheeze

When I save enough for a toneport, I will be able to record vocals and return to my pop-rock roots. Until then, the experimental nonsense keeps me busy.
:)
Last edited by ouroboros on Wed May 31, 2006 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..what goes around comes around..

ouroboros wrote:Enough bs, sorry
Have you ever heard this?:

http://www.ozarkdaredevils.com/quilt.html

{Chicken Train if memory serves.}

...That's a compliment by the way.

nope, sorry
just amazon'd it. Chicken train rocks!
missing the connection, however.

thanks for listening. :)

ouroboros wrote:nope, sorry
just amazon'd it. Chicken train rocks!
missing the connection, however.

thanks for listening. :)
Their first several albums have some amazing songs on them.

For some reason, the little bouncy bits reminded me of the mouth harp stuff in their song. It's not in the preview... It has a similar bouncy, just barely controlled and vaguely bluegrass feel to it. {bluegrass can get a sort of country/jazz spacerock feel going anyway} It's really high energy in their song whereas it's a bit less so in yours... the one just made me think of the other; regardless of how different the two are.

great tip!
I am fond of blugrass :)

This is a very nice space track. I liked it and if I give critism, it is not meant to be negative. The arrangement feels a little bit empty. Generaly a good production, but it gives the feel of one-thing-at-a-time-only, if you know what I mean. Maybe I do not express it very well.

quite a fair appraisal, Sepheritoh, thanks. That tends to be the case in the ambient, soundscape pieces I have attempted. Depth of texture and complexity is difficult to master. Thanks for the listen!

Very, very interesting tune. You definitey nailed ambient space with this track. 8)

Too short! Make more! :x :lol:
Mizutaphile.

ouroboros wrote:quite a fair appraisal, Sepheritoh, thanks. That tends to be the case in the ambient, soundscape pieces I have attempted. Depth of texture and complexity is difficult to master. Thanks for the listen!
What if you work from the rythmic/bouncy elements to a finished piece? Put those events in place and then build the rest of the song to work with it... Did you start with the sort of linear synth/ambient stuff?

This reminds me of Autumn Breeze by Altus - that's a compliment btw.

It's sparse without being too dull. It has some strange ethereal quality to it whereby I want to keep listening to see if the "goo" eventually drips. But it doesn't quit manage it.

Have you ever watched patiently for a droplet of water to fall out of the faucett?
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

thanks, Amberience: I recently discovered Altus -quite a compliment

RTaylor, you're correct that I began with the synth and added the rhythmic elements. I like your suggestion a lot. Changing my method would be challenging for me, as I am not very skilled, but could reap big rewards, thanks.

a fine start ... 8)

the intro works , and bringing in the rhythmic elements builds the track admirably ...
additional layers , applied judiciously , would help immensely ...
the mix could use some help , in the lower registers ...
i'd start there ...

thanks, normal
I appreciate the suggestions.

I thought the same about the lower sounds (or lack of).
Manipulating dynamics is difficult for me: I eq'd out the bottom end trying to kill the feedback on some delays.
I'm going to have to think about how to layer some complimentary sounds now,
everything is still premeditated for me.

:)

quiet edginess,and sometimes lovliness
I imagine it breaking into someting more dense and longer about 1.20,returning from time to time to the original quiet theme
the intro has a wonderful drifting in space feel

Return to “Music Cafe”