[new song]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by justjazz on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:50 am, edited 7 times in total.

Pretty cool - reminds me a little of The Mission for some reason tho :o
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

Last edited by justjazz on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Hey that's a really nice song.
Dunno what the electronica version sounded like but I think that arrangement suits it perfectly.
Piano focus and vocal harmonies work really well.
Anyone that like Ben fold, Ben Lee etc. should give this track a listen.

Rich

Nah, I meant as in The Mission - the 80s band - don't know why... Something about the melody is reminiscent of them for some reason. :?:
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

Last edited by justjazz on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

oh, quite a nice tune.

not really my thing but very enjoyable, good vocal sound and arrangement.

the vocal harmonies are really well done.

cheers,
steve.

Yeah its well composed, good vocals, good instrumentation, the drums sound a bit synthetic but otherwise very well mixed... Tell me what did you use for the Piano..?

Very moody, I'm in a funny frame of mind, quite vonurable after the weekend, a bit short of seretonim (Can't spell) This is moving!

Yip... These drums do sound better... I do like the general vibe...

I really think the secret to real sounding drums is one, many velocity layers and avoiding the shotgut scenario like the plague... two, imperfection and altered accent times on the snare and decent times on the cymbols... I found that allowing my sequencer to randomize ellements via a few ticks early creates a more snappier beat while delaying the snare creates a more laid back kinda beat... Also dalaying the highhat by about 10ms created a subtle yet convincing imperfection... Its all about very mild alterations and the like of... BFD cateres for a lot of this, such as the shotgun effect, but alot of this you have to tackle in your sequencer...

Good tune! :)

a very convincingly made pop song. I enjoyed this song very much, I especially enjoyed the harmonies. The effect (flanger?) is very fitting.

Return to “Music Cafe”