Jarre's Oxygene Part 4

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, I acknowledge that this exercise boasts no creative merit whatsoever. I wanted to get this as authentic as I could for two reasons:

1. To prove how authentically 'vintage' my collection of software synths really sound.
2. If you want to write music like Jarre, it helps to know you can sound like Jarre - right?

Oxygene Part 4 - 128 Kb/s MP3, 3.7 MB

Stars of the show here are Vanguard and my all-time fave Oddity. Enjoy!
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

coool!,i like it
Who is this doing this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?

That's not bad at all - obviously it's not *identical*, but I think you did a pretty good job. There are a couple of sounds that don't quite match the original, but it adds a certain charm... ;)

What was the percussion done with?

Hehe. I like Jarre alot. This is realy good. Obviously cant be exatly same but this is almost same. Far better than guy who did same wih Reason. Though that was good too.

This sounds really good, perhaps you could hook it up with this?

:D

Jarre Lovers Unite!!

that bought back some memories..great job!

Thank you all for the comments. The intention was to show off how 'analogue' Oddity and Vanguard can sound, not just my efforts at ripping Jarre off. :wink:

Phraggle - The percussion was various samples from old drum machines. They seemed to fit; the hardest thing to find was the guiro / perc sound on the third beat. It's from a Korg Mini-Pops 7. The whole track was done in FL (the DrumSynth sample sets are a gold mine for synthesised drums).

Ian - very nice, loved that. Equinoxe Part 7 if I'm not mistaken?
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

Very nice. Been awhile since I've listen to the original, so I cannot comment on it's complete authenticity, but to my ears it sounds pretty dang close.

Would be interested to know 1) how many tracks 2) what other VSTi's besides the two you mentioned (Oddity and Vanguard)

Pretty good imitation :)

Maybe someone should organize a competition who can replicate the original closest? :)

Hybernation wrote:Would be interested to know 1) how many tracks 2) what other VSTi's besides the two you mentioned (Oddity and Vanguard)
4 instances of Oddity, 6 Vanguard, 1 FreeAlpha.

I made my own little Jarre bank for Oddity; the lead sound in the third part (continues until it fades out) isn't quite what I wanted, but the best I could do with Oddity (amused myself by naming the sound "WabbidyGangGong" :D). I've heard a remix of Oxygene 4 by Jote, he absolutely nailed it but I think maybe I got closer on the flutey lead sound.

Return to “Music Cafe”