Alot different than any other music you've heard...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey... it's been a very very long time... since I've been on here... couple years of school.. music tech... and then you realize that everything you've learned is bullshit... make it however you want... anyways.. this is my new outlook on life and music...

this is kinda untitled at the moment and a rough mix.. but... just tell me whatever you feel like about the song and whatever ;)

-Kyle

(this is myself and my buddy stevo... he's on vox, the radiohead-ish voice and helps with conceptual musical ideas... the other vocal is me and all the instruments)

http://www.fallingdownstudio.com/second.mp3
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

— George Bernard Shaw

Cheers. I liked the last song you posted a lot and was wondering if you'd ever come back :)

still here :)

— George Bernard Shaw

Just listened. Even more impressive than your last one.

The production is top notch. The effects (delay, reverb, reverse reverb, etc) are used perfectly, as in not too subtley or strong. All the instruments in the mix are clear. Good use of stereo depth. Very impressive.

The track itself is awesome too. Very different, with interesting structure. I really like the singing (Singing is one of your strong points, if youre the vocalist. I liked the singing on your last track a lot).

the only thing I would change - and it's a maybe - is that it kinda sounds like the guitar gets a bit off time around 2:25ish. Thst's all.

thanks for the listen. I learned some new tricks at school... deffinately helps out when you know what every setting does to your sound ;)

about the guitar/bass.. yeah, it kinda does get a little of in a couple parts.. but, I really liked the way it gave the song that much more character... I apreciate everything not being perfect... nothing is every completely perfect... hah.. yeah.. anyways...

glad you like, mayb you'll hear more soon :)

— George Bernard Shaw

The Chase wrote:Just listened. Even more impressive than your last one.

The production is top notch. The effects (delay, reverb, reverse reverb, etc) are used perfectly, as in not too subtley or strong. All the instruments in the mix are clear. Good use of stereo depth. Very impressive.

The track itself is awesome too. Very different, with interesting structure. I really like the singing (Singing is one of your strong points, if youre the vocalist. I liked the singing on your last track a lot).

the only thing I would change - and it's a maybe - is that it kinda sounds like the guitar gets a bit off time around 2:25ish. Thst's all.
hey this is the other guy that helped create this monster ;)

just thought i would make myself available for Q & A as we submit more of this crazy song-style we have created ;)

anyways, thanks for the awesome comment ! parts of the song were inspired by me along with guitarcomputer. and thank you for the vocals comment, i also helped with those :]
-------
just an everything artist

couple years of school.. music tech... and then you realize that everything you've learned is bullshit...
Interesting, A level music tech/college/uni? I just had my last exam in music tech A level last thursday, heh. Wondering if you were doin the same course? Arg, music for the moving image, what a load o cr*p, im so sick of vangelis. :dog:

Downloading your track now.

edit: Nice track, but a bit too avant guard for me to like it as a 'normal' tune, and yet not crazy enough imo to class it as an ambient/noise piece. :? In places it reminded me a lot of Incubus 8) . The guitar solo was great, very zappa-experimental style, bass playing was a bit too eratic for my liking, but as a whole an interesting concept and you pulled it off well, just not my cup o tea.

WoJ

Whoa! That's almost Kid-A quality! Great vocals, really nice!

It's a bit too dark and bass-heavy on my monitors though. Great on headphones!

werner

WoJ
glad to see anouther music tech student... don't really know how yours compares to the classes I've taken, I would be a 3rd year music tech student at school... I'm more sick of music theory and ear training than anything... but.. as you can hear... I'm sure it's helped having them... hah, the main thing is I'm a person that teachers don't really like that much... I get pretty much B's all the time, but hardly ever goto class :P whatever....

anyways... about the song, that's cool... the style we were shooting for was really something that was just 'different' ya know... tired of hearing the same song just rewritten by 30 other bands... hah, and yeah... mines the voice that reminds you alot of incubus, I will not lie... I do get allot of inspiration from them... but then allot from stuff I learned at school... glad you liked the solo too... I do hear the zappa there too... didn't even think of it until you said that... ;) it's cool if it's not your cup o tea... most stuff on this forum is not my cup of tea either, but I like hearing what people all over the place are making on their own :)

thanks for the listen and comments :wink:

dreamkeeper / werner
wow, thanks on the Kid-A quality... amazing album... life changing in fact... :wink: and you are right about the bass being a little heavy... yeah.. I know.. at the time it sounded good.. but I'm going to turn the bass down on the final mix...

I love mixing stuff that plays with stereo-image a lot... always makes it good to chill out to by yourself on headphones or on a nice system :wink:

thanks for the listen and the comments :)

— George Bernard Shaw

Yes, there are some parallels to 'Kid A', but your music has another, more rough feel. Very, very good! I like the vocals, the noises, the guitar, the bass....great song. Congrats! Strong voice! And you're just 20.
"It dreamed itself along"

Btw, this is a bit OT, but I feel compelled to suggest that anyone into Kid-A/Radiohead in their electronic experimentation period should absolutely buy the forthcoming Thom Yorke - The Eraser I listened to some extracts on a web site, and it's amazing, definitely one of the most memorable albums of the decade imo (yes 8)).

oh and yea, listening to your track at 4:19, you have a *great* voice man.

Boulotaur2024 wrote:Btw, this is a bit OT, but I feel compelled to suggest that anyone into Kid-A/Radiohead in their electronic experimentation period should absolutely buy the forthcoming Thom Yorke - The Eraser I listened to some extracts on a web site, and it's amazing, definitely one of the most memorable albums of the decade imo (yes 8)).

oh and yea, listening to your track at 4:19, you have a *great* voice man.
Nice to have you here, Thom!
"It dreamed itself along"

-mellotronaut-
thanks man :) and thanks for your time listening ;)

-Boulotaur2024-
yes,,,, that is an amazing album, one of my friends gives me promos as soon as he gets them... yes.. get it, listen to it... :)

— George Bernard Shaw

Return to “Music Cafe”