More DnB, Very Jazzy, Guitars, Summery, George Benson Infl

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No vocals for this as yet. If anyone wants to write some I will sing them :) The tune was influenced by a visit to George Benson's childhood home in Pittsburgh, USA
Untitled

Gotta say that the beat takes alot out of 'ya.
The rest of it is just dandy.

George Benson huh...he can surely play the fu_k out of that thing. Used to listen to him before his commercial days...although he does have a good voice , more play'n and less sing'n I say.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

i liked the other one better

Thanks :) Yeah I was studying some jazz guitarists, George Benson and who he was a protegé of, Wes Montgomery.

pc monitors, liked this one better :hihi:

vocals :p
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Shove the opening beat through supatrigga now and then so it doesn't get so repetive, or even a recent fave; dblue glitch. Not alot, just a measure here and there to switch things up a bit.

I might actually try it out meself.

-Scott

OK,

LadyJ if you object, I'll pull this off my site.

I assumed your track was at 180 bpm.

I taped my messing with dblue glitch on the track live and recorded the output using tapeit.

Here's the result. Granted, this is too much beatslicing and of course it's on the whole mix, but I would rather hear some variation in the main beat now and then, but maybe I just don't get this style of music.

LadyJ Untitled, mangled with dblue glitch live by rockstar_not

For nothing else, dblue glitch is a blast to mess up tracks big time and fun at the same time.

-Scott

Hey that's pretty cool! You can leave it up for now. :)

Nice tune! Its nice to hear some upbeat dnb, I seem to lean towards the darker heavy stuff. Def would be cool to have some vocals on it though!

rockstar_not wrote:

For nothing else, dblue glitch is a blast to mess up tracks big time and fun at the same time.

-Scott
great remix!

pw wrote:
rockstar_not wrote:

-Scott
great remix!
I wouldn't necessarily call it a remix because all I did was put the track through dblue glitch and every now and then enabled glitch and selected different patterns then switched it off, trying to hit bar numbers.

In other words, lots of happy accidents and one killer plugin.

-Scott

all a bit fast for me (i'm more of a half tempto kinda guy) but there are some lovely elements in here with the geetar and the little bits of synth every now and again.

definately would benefit from some sultry vocals, nothing too much, just a bit of something to wash over you.

nice 8)

i like the glitched version as well :D

Your drum programming is really good, but I completely fail to see/hear the G. Benson relations. Just because there's a few clean guitars in it?

I also think it'd be a good idea to have some other harmonic parts follow the progression, at least occasionally (that Dm, Fm, Eb stuff, mainly established by the pad).
In addition, it'd be nice if there was some pumping bass.

And, personally, I'd like the beat to be broken up a bit more. A tad too repetitive for my taste.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Nice harmonics but the beats are too repetitive IMHO. Some bass would be nice too. (pc speakers here)

imagine a club. it's 4 am, the last DJ has just been playing non stop floorfiller Drum n Bass, the whole place is on a different level. People are tired but wanting more and something a little different but something mellow with a lot of sub bass but done intelligently and not over the top. a jazzy, funky vibe to keep people interested and highly mixable beats for the DJ who just finished their 5th Vodka Red Bull..

done

Return to “Music Cafe”