Bestow your grace upon me. I need some opinions.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a new track I've been working on. I have two mixes that both have their strengths. The main difference is the double time breaks.
In the first mix they are less obtrusive: Bestow your grace upon me 1st mix
In the second mix they drive the song better and fill the frequency range nicely: Bestow your grace upon me 2nd mix

My ears are so exhausted at this point, it's hard to listen objectively... or even without drifting into space to a certain extent.

Thanks,
3am

Wow, I like this track, the unique time signature on the drums adds a unique spin to the song. I listened to the second mix. I would recommend adding more layers to add osme depth to the song. Maybe some sweeping pads in the bakcground or some kind of driving sub bass. Keep up the good work. :tu:

3am, more great stuff! I preferred the less listener-friendly rhythms of mix 1, just more interesting for me. Super track either way!
Image Image

Thanks guys! I'm leaning more toward the first mix myself. I had a really tough time getting that distorted bass to sit well with the strings and I had to try hard to limit the glitchy drums so I could focus on the melody but I think it paid off. I feel that creativity thrives under strategically placed challenges and limits.

3am

cool, inventive stuff 3AM. Always almost lurching outta control but not quite...kinda like it wants to escape the leash of form but keeps getting reeled back. Really enjoyed this. Oh yeah...first mix worked for me.

Return to “Music Cafe”