Polyslax - Your Umbrella

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Things went slightly jazzy on me here. Also pulled the bpm back to an impossibly slow 65. Please check it out if you have a chance.

Your Umbrella

128 bit .mp3
7.2 mb
7:51 mins

Comments welcome.
Image Image

Anybody feelin' me on this? Negative comments are fine... let it fly! :)
Image Image

OK!! I'm a cheap date but I thought this was a great piece of down tempo. Jazzy and atmospheric as hell...would make a great nouveau noir track. I can't really comment on the sound production as I listened over little tiny office speakers but I had to adjust the bass down a bit. (OTOH, I realize it was kind of the lead instrument). I kept expecting to hear a Miles Davis trumpet or smoky sax ease on in.

It's Grand Theft Auto music. :lol:

No, seriously, this is a cool piece of music. I thought the bass was fine. Cool sounds... cool beat.

...cool. 8)
Mizutaphile.

Cheers guys, thanks for the feedback!

mayan - I was actually trying to add a sultry (and weirded out) trumpet in the last third of the track. It's mixed way low though, may have to redo it. I also don't really have a proper trumpet (sample) for it.
Image Image

Remixed with some slight level/eq/dynamics changes. In particular, brought up the "trumpet" part.

Anybody else want to check it out?
Image Image

Ok folks, one more shot and then I'll let this one go. *Bump*
Image Image

It won me from the first seconds. Very nice warm atmo with great little touches. I could live without the trumpet solo (unless it was played in reverse :D ) but overall a very nice track. :tu:
Oh, and very well produced.
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

zeoy - thanks for the listen and nice comments!
Image Image

Production values are very good, I agree. Personally, I always like a little more on the melody side, but the sounds are fantastic. Good, laid back beat.

Cheers goldbaker! I've been moving in all kinds of directions lately, some more melodic, others more abstract. The structure and mix of this track was a bit of an experiment for me. Thanks for posting your thoughts, I appreciate it.
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”