made with free stuff...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ian SDZH wrote:errrr....this is a bit odd.
ummm....didn't do too much for me 'fraid :ud:
I'm glad you like my name!!!

:)

and that's ok about the tune... Thanks for listening anyhow!

As I said many times before, I don't expect many people to like/appreciate what I do.
I've been experimenting with the use of disharmony and meter as tension/release elements.
Unusual stuff, for sure.
But I find it interesting and I like to push on envelopes (like poking at a sore tooth)

I'm perfectly capable of doing cover tunes and do wizz-bang things on the computer to make me appear to be a fabulous musician.
But I'd rather not, and prefer a different path.
Cheers!

oh, and don't assume that all my music is like this tune, some is, and some isn't...
but it's all crap! :lol:
which I'm passionate about
for entertaining porpoises only

arke wrote:
snooky wrote:awful - really awful imo.

A serious question, are you tonedeaf, dunder?

disharmony is one thing, but this is just strange, and not in a good way.

sounds like someone hitting keys at random.

the mix is awfull, thin and mono-ish.
don't worry, snooky says the same about my music and ... everybody elses :hihi:

snooookyyyyyy :hug: you don't have to hate us :hug:
:lol:

thomekk wrote::D Hey Dunder,

I love it!!!
Has grreat quirky sounds and a very fine enigmatical wandering through the whole piece.
Pure Cinema for the ears! :)

Thanks for sharing
Thanks thomekk!!
I'm happy that you enjoyed it...
I actually hadn't considered sharing this, because it's in "mypersonal syphathys" files.
You know, music that's really too personal, but I did anyway.
(hard to imagine why someone would think an instrumental could be too personal, ehh??!!)

kind o a sidenote...
apparently some here have no idea how hard it is for me to make music on a computer that sounds like meandering about with random notes.

this piece is all single entry notes in a piano roll.
It involves a whole lot of mucking about and constant playback of sections with tweeking on note placement to do the opposite of what the software wants to do.

but I do like to talk about it!!
:lol:

Dunder - I'm sorry to dissapoint you or whatever, but my taste in music is very wide, with my most intimate love comming from industrial electronica/idm and also more progressive melodic sounds, it's just that your piece is bad in all ways imo, not experimental, just retarded - I don't hate any of you guys, it's just that 'your' sounds are so pathetic sometimes (exuse the harsh wording)

dunder, add lot's of reverb and pan the stereo image around to create interest - now it's extremely boring, imo.

snooky wrote: dunder, add lot's of reverb and pan the stereo image around to create interest - now it's extremely boring, imo.
NOOOOOOOO :!: :lol:

So it's really a matter of tasteee. I love it how it is!
Reverb is often only a compensator for the lack of musical strength and more reverb even more :hihi:

No pin intended here of course, just opinionesque hey..
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

i'm open-mined enough to enjoy the track from a compositional standpoint ... and , i did ...

i have to say that the fact that everything is predominantly center panned detracts from my enjoyment ...
selective panning of the track elements would do wonders for the mix ... judicious use of reverb , on some elements would add depth , and space to the stereo field ... a little would go a long way ...

your 'experiment(ing) with the use of disharmony and meter as tension/release elements' is undermined by the flat presentation , imo ... perhaps this is your intent ...

i would certainly listen to more , in this vein ...
it's quite good ...
i feel it could be better ...

my sentiment exatctly, normal.

snooky wrote:Dunder - I'm sorry to dissapoint you or whatever, but my taste in music is very wide, with my most intimate love comming from industrial electronica/idm and also more progressive melodic sounds, it's just that your piece is bad in all ways imo, not experimental, just retarded - I don't hate any of you guys, it's just that 'your' sounds are so pathetic sometimes (exuse the harsh wording)

dunder, add lot's of reverb and pan the stereo image around to create interest - now it's extremely boring, imo.
Naw, snooky...
I'm not disappointed in what you have to say and I appreciate you taking the time to comment at all!!!
:)
The piece is what it is...
the next one will be different...
The fun part was taking this tune to a Guitar Center store to preview some of their larger PA speakers for my latest project.
I choose this because I *know* exactly how it should sound to me.
The opening notes, while basically middle c are well-balanced and will only sound right to me on an accurate playback system
It immediatly pointed out the extents of the horns, the types of crossovers used and that some 'extra' processing was being inserted in the listening chain.(a bbe)
The slightly honky-sounding fiddle work was great for that thing of exciting the HF horns in really good/bad ways.
The mono-ish, moderately reverbed sound is excellent for listening to the various pairs of speakers (some stores insist on showing off their stuff in it's best light, and two speakers smooth the details that would be exhibited by one, due to the additional comb-filtering.)
All in all it was a pleasent experience to be able to quickly discern the characteristics of the various brands of speakers that store had to offer.
Later that day I went to another store, where they know me, and was able to listen to a couple of other speakers under less controlled conditions.
Tomorrrow I'm off to another city to do the same thing, and I now know that this piece is probably the best test music I could possibly use!

funkk is a done piece,(and indeed part of a longer score).
I'm already 3/4 of the way done with my *next* one, which is totally different. (but still an instrumental and probably still crap)

Take care and thanks for your time!!

the articulation of sentiments is rather like a game of snooker it would seem?

whatever works for you, I still don't get how it's consiered music - soundscape or testtones is a better label.

Thing is, people try to be all experimental, either becasue they can't write decent tunes or they are just lazy, so they call their latest crap "experimental" to get any naysayers to shut up - "hey, it's an experiemt, it's not bad, it supposed to sound like this" ...that's lazy imo, especially as there is REALLY interesting experimental music being made by talanted musicians.

just my opinion, but perhaps a very valid one.

knockman wrote:the articulation of sentiments is rather like a game of snooker it would seem?
You elaborated guy always urge me to use my online dictionary, lord.
Snooker has to with billard, hmm? :)
Symphony Nr.1

thomekk wrote:
knockman wrote:the articulation of sentiments is rather like a game of snooker it would seem?
You elaborated guy always urge me to use my online dictionary, lord.
Snooker has to with billard, hmm? :)
perhaps it's a pun on my name - perhaps it's just jibberish...

Ok, thanks :lol:
Symphony Nr.1

@snooky & normal:

See your points but please don't forget my honest listener's pleasure on this tune!
This one is not real mono at all, all the cygnus-parts flatter here 'round in true stereo! :shock:
I'm so modest, it's all enough for me!
Of course a stereo field would change the whole, but it's the damned composition that counts at last (least) for me :x

:wink:

Dunder, please do your next compo!
Symphony Nr.1

sorry, had to take care of something else first...

normal wrote:i'm open-mined enough to enjoy the track from a compositional standpoint ... and , i did ...

i have to say that the fact that everything is predominantly center panned detracts from my enjoyment ...
selective panning of the track elements would do wonders for the mix ... judicious use of reverb , on some elements would add depth , and space to the stereo field ... a little would go a long way ...

your 'experiment(ing) with the use of disharmony and meter as tension/release elements' is undermined by the flat presentation , imo ... perhaps this is your intent ...

i would certainly listen to more , in this vein ...
it's quite good ...
i feel it could be better ...
:) Thanks for taking the time to listen, normal.
The flat use of panning, except with some little cues, was indeed, intentional.
When orchestrating, I would usually place the instruments in their classical positions, but in this case I felt the need to create a blinder, with little periphial vision, because the nature of the composition was about walking down a path of life. (ahem) We tend to move forward, disregarding the past. (and we always repeat it, as we apparently are doomed to do)
Devo wrote:"Look Ahead!"
I'm sorry if this point of the composition was poorly planned, or didn't come across as intended.
snooky wrote:whatever works for you, I still don't get how it's consiered music - soundscape or testtones is a better label.

Thing is, people try to be all experimental, either becasue they can't write decent tunes or they are just lazy, so they call their latest crap "experimental" to get any naysayers to shut up - "hey, it's an experiemt, it's not bad, it supposed to sound like this" ...that's lazy imo, especially as there is REALLY interesting experimental music being made by talanted musicians.

just my opinion, but perhaps a very valid one.
Of course your opinion is a valid one!!
Generally when I start adding wacky percussion thats a cue I've gotten lazy about the tune.
When there is -no- percussion it's a cue I was seriously trying something a bit new for me.

I guess I'm just not that goood of a composer, because the work I put lots of effort into, like this one, is most often poorly received.
A most of my work presented on-line is the result of a couple of hours work, this one was started in April.

I try to put in obvious clues that my intentions with a composition are not normal by using what would seem to be obvious mistakes in arrangements such as leaving notes hanging, instead of allowing them to decay. An abrupt end to a section, that sort of thing.

I've got to admit, I also don't have a real feel of whether the composition works as intended until I leave it be for several weeks/months and then re-address the work.
And I'm not keen on popular music, but about personal music.

I felt this piece worked well to *show* off the various -free- instruments used in a way that differed from other, more traditional compositions (and in this sense I include the soundscapes, ambient, idm and other more musical styles)
It possibly is more akin to a soundtrack/incidental piece then anything else.

Anyway, whether or not any of my work is considered music, I guess, is up to the listener, because this composer is somewhat clueless about when his work is considered to be good composition rather
than a another masterbatory experience.
Reality sez all our work is a masterbatory experience

and it just happens to work well as a test record for choosing pa speakers :lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”