help me improve this.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well. the idea was to try to comibine industrial elements and folk music.

it ended up more like folk music with some synth leads. anyway i quite like it, and would apreciate some feedback to the composition, to the recording etc. so i can improve it.

i was thinking of maybe extending the "guitarpart" at the end ... possably adding som real beats in as well ... or adding more beats in general. just right now i am not quite sure wich way this song is going.

i also dont really know what i want the vocals to be like... i recorded two different versions ... i am happy with neither... but i am allways lazy with vocals.

http://www.breathe-it.org/dornen.htm

the song i am talking about is "fesseln"

ah yes. this morning i was woken up by this crazy thunderstorm ... so i sleepdrunkenly set up my recording equipment, but by the time i had everything fixed up it was almost over, so the thundersample i use in this song is the only thing useful i got...

still it got me. i was listening to the recording just now with different headphones and was about to get the my mics out again, when i noticed it was only the sample, and that its a beautiful day outside.

anyway... if you have any ideas what would improve this track i would be very happy to listen to them and trying them out.

thanx

FK

is it that bad?

:-(

Hey your song would be great and I like your guitar play, but I think something is wrong with the drums. Perhaps its just me, but sometimes I think the drums don't match the rhythm. In my opinion, they cut the flow of the song. :-) If its possible, I would redo the drum part then it has a lot of potential!

Greetings

i like the harmonies going on most of the time.

it does end rather abruptly, but i like it when songs do that.

could use another percussive sound to accent the downbeat, maybe some claps or snaps or lightly slapping the guitar body? the rhythm from the bass drum and tambourine alone doesn't seem interesting enough to me. also, i don't like at all how the tambourine is hit every time the bass drum is hit... something about that just rubs me the wrong way entirely.

overall though, a fun song worth a few listens.

lol... its neither a bassdrum nor a tambourine ... its me stamping my foot with a whole lot of bells on it.

... witch version did you guys try?

@windschatten: i am currently listening to your song, and thought i was looking at your thread and was desberatly searching for guitars in your song... i love your nick, and the title of the song etc. (but ill post in your thread in a little while, as soon as i have given your song another listen) und du sprichst schon deutsch, oder?

cheers

FK

Ja natürlich =) In my song there is only a disorted synth guitar in the beginning and the end.

I really like your classic guitar melody =) but like I said, you should redo the drum part. (perhaps not with your foot ;-) I also enjoyed your dornen song! You did a pretty unique gothic-folk-industrial-minimal mix!

FatherKeeL wrote:lol... its neither a bassdrum nor a tambourine ... its me stamping my foot
well in that case, just disregard what i said :|

hahahaaaa, classic dude... love it.

How bout adding some frame drums. Folk music always sounds good with frame drums.... or harp.

I sing and play folk musik too, mainly irish and american trad ballads.

I dont speak the language you're singing so i dont know what you are saying but the folk melody is there.

I've only had my recording gear for a few months so dont have much down yet. If you are interested check out this link, its a cover I did of mr. youngs 'powderfinger', i used it to learn cubase and work with my new setup and try out some vst sounds and soundfonts.

http://www.music-spot.net/music/bands/xtp/index.php

Good stuff dude.

funky lime wrote:
FatherKeeL wrote:lol... its neither a bassdrum nor a tambourine ... its me stamping my foot
well in that case, just disregard what i said :|
um. no, i wont do that, since you do have a point there... stamping round is fun with live music... but you dont see me doing it, so you opinion is absolutely valid.

also some of the timing is completely off ... so i guess i have some edeting to do...

xtp: what are frame drums?

and windschatten ... glad you liked my dornen thing ... it was fun to do, and fun to play to friends, since everybody is used to me doing folky accoustic stuff... :-)

thanx for all the comments... as soon as i get around to it ill try to imply some of them

cheers

FK

@xtp
not nesesarely the type of folk i am into at the moment ... sort of reminded me of bruce springsteens nebraska (witch is good :-). voice/guitar/harp sound great together (though i would cut down on the harp it would be more effective if it where not going on all the time) ... :-)

the lyrics of my song are basically about beeing restless and about some imaginary place where i will find rest...

Return to “Music Cafe”