21:35 Minutes of Pure Ambience

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the overlap lfo modulated basses and when an octave or two higher are serene. The blip ambient background noise is some parts sounds like birds in the distance. Helped me tune out.

Thanks for sharing this.

Benedict wrote:Sorry, is SSP keeping you too busy?

This sounds lovely. Is there ever to be an Emdot CD that I can jam into my player and pour forth all these great tracks. Seems like it would need to be a box set tho.
He, he! I've got more than enough for a few CD's but not enough finished material in one particular style. I've got like 3 CDs started right now: Berlin/70's influenced, dark ambient abstract, and extended soundworld/drone. But when a CD comes out, I'll definitely send you one for free, Benedict. :D

Genetic_Junk wrote:the overlap lfo modulated basses and when an octave or two higher are serene. The blip ambient background noise is some parts sounds like birds in the distance. Helped me tune out.
Thanks for the wonderful comments! I don't have any documents showing how the bird-like sounds were made, but I know they were coming from either my Minimoog or ARP Axxe, modulated probably through a vocoder and then passed through delay/reverb.

lovely emdot. i've been waiting a couple of days to get a chance to listen to this, and the other one. i appreciate the tech notes on things like this as the economy involved is so important and the effect greater than the sum of the parts. also, i recently completed a PAiA modular kit which is helping me explore a new direction through wide open modulation.

thanks for sharing :)

regards

knockman wrote:lovely emdot. i've been waiting a couple of days to get a chance to listen to this, and the other one. i appreciate the tech notes on things like this as the economy involved is so important and the effect greater than the sum of the parts. also, i recently completed a PAiA modular kit which is helping me explore a new direction through wide open modulation.

thanks for sharing :)

regards
Great to hear from you! Very glad you like it, too. But . . . you gonna add some pics of your PAIA modular on the Studio Pick thread? :D

emdot_ambient wrote: . . . you gonna add some pics of your PAIA modular on the Studio Pick thread? :D
you can just make it out on the shelf above the ms-20 controller in the picture i posted before, but perhaps i'll post another. in fact i'm so lazy that i use my cell phone camera to 'snapshot' patches so i can recall sounds. if i were true analog, i'd make a blank patch diagram and hand draw them. i do however have alot of photos of it now.

regards

knockman wrote:
emdot_ambient wrote: . . . you gonna add some pics of your PAIA modular on the Studio Pick thread? :D
you can just make it out on the shelf above the ms-20 controller in the picture i posted before, but perhaps i'll post another. in fact i'm so lazy that i use my cell phone camera to 'snapshot' patches so i can recall sounds. if i were true analog, i'd make a blank patch diagram and hand draw them. i do however have alot of photos of it now.
:hihi: Often the quickest way to accomplish something (not the most efficient one) is the best.

lush
thats all i can say 8)

vurt wrote:lush
thats all i can say 8)
:wink: And that's all I needed to hear :D

I'm curious to know what you think of this one too: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=141312

Damn this is cool.

Wow.

Can I get a wave file of this?

I would love to get it on a c.d. and do a headphones in the dark session with it. Along with....say...Busoni's Sonatina #2, and a bit of early Varese.

Stellar.

herodotus wrote:Damn this is cool.

Wow.

I would love to get it on a c.d. and do a headphones in the dark session with it. Along with....say...Busoni's Sonatina #2, and a bit of early Varese.

Stellar.
Thanks! Praise, indeed. As for the wav file . . . it's something like 230 MB at 16-bit, 44k! I'll have to think about that one. :D

emdot_ambient wrote:
herodotus wrote:Damn this is cool.

Wow.

Stellar.
Thanks! Praise, indeed. As for the wav file . . . it's something like 230 MB at 16-bit, 44k! I'll have to think about that one. :D
you could always upload a lossless file to archive.org - don't how much much of a hassle that is, but it's slightly smaller, free hosting, and same quality. :) :shrug:

Return to “Music Cafe”