New piece- "Fluorescence Resonance"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's my new melodic trance piece, "Fluorescence Resonance". Worked hard on this one, has a classical feel. Using Roland Fantom, z3ta+, and Edirol VSC (for percussion):

click on Play Song at:
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=827126&t=3973

If streaming above doesn't work, you can download it here:
http://home.comcast.net/~mikef238/music ... onance.mp3

Comments welcome. Post link so I can listen to a work of yours! Mike

Hmm sounds a mix between like some ancient Nintendo 8-bit music & Chariots of Fire or smt :) Very hilarious :D

Argh, the drums sound like the worst preset kit ever :P

And, hmm, trance... No, not with this kind of beat :)

The beat really, really, needs some more creative work. Try using samples from different kits, or even sampling some of your own maybe.

Well, it's not trance but the melodies are really cool.
I would echo Taika-kim: the beat really needs sorting out.

The more I listen, the more it sounds like a game soundtrack :wink:

Chariots of Fire, ROFL.
Ever play, Track Meet for the NES?
It came with that wicked mat you threw on the floor which was really just a larger version of the A and B buttons. Man, that was sweet. Beats the hell out of Dance Supermagic Japan Attack, or whatever the hell that game is where you dance in the mall and look like the stupid.

Oh yeah, and this is DEFINITLY Trance.!

One more thing.
LOL@This song.

But seriously, It's great in it's own way.

tune are quite cool and inventive - yea its got an old school video game feel - but i love music like that :)

drums are terrible. sound like the worst gm kit ever :(

also some of the melodies seem a little incorrectly programmed - as in notes are too far ahead of beat and stuff....

Thanks for listening, and everyone's comments. Regarding loosness, this is intentional because this is basically a live performance (from two improvs) and there are many places out of perfect midi sync. So I guess it's live trance. GM drum sound is intentional too. I should have said so in the description.

at least use some effects on the drum kit to spice it up a bit - even non-musos can pick a crappy gm kit when they hear it...

and im all for live performance that arent perfectly quantised - but it just felt at some points that the timing was waayyy out....

Return to “Music Cafe”