The Annode Show - demons,shadow ppl,alien abduction,ghosts

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there.

Here i've done a musical collage,collection of radio night people and some of their storys edited in a way as to create a unique listening experience.

It's 57mins in total @ 192kb/s

Special thanx given to;
-George Noory
-Rosemary Ellen Guiley
-Travis Walton
http://home.comcast.net/~newdabranck/mu ... People.mp3

Love to hear comments. : )
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Hahaha Barry :D , 57mins :shock: this is going to take a while.

I'm currently downloading it, will get back to you,... once I'll have a chance to listen to this.
:tu:

oops

57 mins :o

ill grab and listen later ;)

eek .. that's a 20 min download on slowband
sounds interesting tho' ... downloading

15 minutes into this i gotta say.. music's nice, but change it up some! some other themes.. :) fun project..

edit: aah.. nevermind..
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

When I had insomnia last year I would listen to all these weird stations on the net, after awhile it would get tiring and I would fall asleep. That would have been hard to do with the music you have added here Barry. Nice background grooves and all, but I have to agree with xoxos, would have been nice to mix the music up more and put the vox through some processing to put the focus more on the music and have a bit more variety, this is hard to make all the way through in one sitting. 8)

Creepy as heck. I could only make it through about 10 minutes and then I decided I need to listen to it at another time (when the lights are on). Plus I am way tired which is the best time to get creeped out. So I going to head back to bed (and read some more of a Stephen King novel I picked up at the library today). Good stuff to listen to though. Needs to be part of a Discovery Channel documentary or something similar.

Creepy vibe going on for sure.
Proprietor of Fine Music and Hot Sauce...

www.theFPband.blogspot.com

Barry, you are scaring me out here :-o :-o :-o :-o
....what you really need to do now, is to make a happy song, something we can all sing along :hihi: :hihi:

.... this was just like watching a Discovery Channel... to be honest, I didn't even listen this as a musik piece.... I was listening the stories closly and music just emphasize everything.

This was certalnly one interesting experiance.
Good work Barry.
:tu:

As I stated in my post above;
Here i've done a musical collage,collection of radio night people and some of their storys edited in a way as to create a unique listening experience

The music in this is not absolutely looping,that's just cheating and too boring...but...the music is just to support the storys/dialog and not to be considered a piece of music but more of a thematic production where one,with the music supporting it,can listen to these wild storys and FEEL that a question is being asked of you "is this believable?"

I'm disapointed to hear that most of you can't find the time or have the patience to sit and listen to this in it's complete form.
If it were all music for an hr I can cetainly understand that...but it's not about the music,and the storys are riveting,especially the last one on the abduction,that I believe would keep you interested all the way through.
mman sez;
.... this was just like watching a Discovery Channel... to be honest, I didn't even listen this as a musik piece.... I was listening the stories closly and music just emphasize everything.
You understand !!!...Thanx for seeing this as it is .

i streamed it.. i found the 'most oppressive' (relative) factors to be the constant tempo and the midrange rhythmic elements (don't have file.. perc functioning ~as snare)

you got ~>15 minutes of that bro :) can't criticise, just trying to offer experience. it is what it is and that's okay :p
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

annode wrote:As I stated in my post above;
I'm disappointed to hear that most of you can't find the time or have the patience to sit and listen to this in it's complete form.
Ummmm......I didn't stop after ten minutes due to lack of interest. I was creeped out while sitting in the dark in front of my PC late last night. The bright monitor makes the peripheral vision strained and blurry and it was just too much to handle there in the dark. Plus I had already been asleep and just got up for a trip to the boys' room and wasn't planning on staying up anyhow. I'd say that if you were trying to find a music bed to complement the narratives then you succeeded. Too much music action would have detracted from the interviews going on IMHO. This seemed more about the narratives than the music, so the music was playing the support role not vice versa. To me it was a good marriage.

I will listen to this it its entirety later on, probably in headphones after I burn it to CD. Creepy stuff. And I'm sure a few of my friends would enjoy this as well. Good job.
Proprietor of Fine Music and Hot Sauce...

www.theFPband.blogspot.com

xoxos wrote:i streamed it.. i found the 'most oppressive' (relative) factors to be the constant tempo and the midrange rhythmic elements (don't have file.. perc functioning ~as snare)

you got ~>15 minutes of that bro :) can't criticise, just trying to offer experience. it is what it is and that's okay :p
Hi xoxos.
Thanx for commenting truthfully.
If you were refering to the music that goes on from the beginning,I agree with you completely.
In retrospect,I now see some things I could have done better...and the volume of the music for the 1st 18mins was slightly too loud and distracting.

That scratchy snare sound I think your refering to I was not able to EQ down more then it is without disturbing nearby freqs.That belonged to a set of layers I created and recorded in "chainer".

Hi Mauvehead.
Thanx for trying to find the time to listen in total.
I will listen to this it its entirety later on, probably in headphones after I burn it to CD. Creepy stuff. And I'm sure a few of my friends would enjoy this as well. Good job.
This is the first time I created a production like this...so i've made some mistakes...but I think for the most part,it worked out quite nicely.

Soniccat wrote:When I had insomnia last year I would listen to all these weird stations on the net, after awhile it would get tiring and I would fall asleep. That would have been hard to do with the music you have added here Barry. Nice background grooves and all, but I have to agree with xoxos, would have been nice to mix the music up more and put the vox through some processing to put the focus more on the music and have a bit more variety, this is hard to make all the way through in one sitting. 8)
Hey Bruce...what's up? ; )

Well..."hard to make all the way through in one sitting"hmmm...why was that...you didn't explain why it was hard for you.

As far as more musical variety...the way this sort of format works,as i've heard it done by the masters,is that the music remains the same until bringing in storys,where the subject matter takes a different turn.
What I could have done with more effort,to break up this monotony,would have been to have more variations in the storys while still keeping within the theme. That,I feel,would give more leverage for more, different,music styles attacted to more varying story lines.

Effecting the vox is not in the genre i'm afraid.
The music volume over the dialog I remarked on above.

Thanx for liking the grooves Bruce...other then collecting and editing the storys from radio...the background music,and how I used it against the dialogs,was the most creative part of this production for me.

Return to “Music Cafe”