New Uplifting House Track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all, its been a good 2-3 years since my last commercial house track, so here goes..

Reflekshun - Find Your Love (192kbps)

Reflekshun - Find Your Love (Streaming)

Any and all feedback positive and negative are all welcome! :) Thanks to anyone taking the time out to listen (even if you dont comment).
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

Hi reflekshun,
"negative are all welcome" you said so here I come:
IMveryHO this is not house. 'House is a feeling' they say and this one is more just a (too sweet and cliche) progression with a 4/4 beat underneath.
If you want to use chord progressions in house it must be something unusual or a bit twisted
You need more punchy rythms, more swing and more attidute. Let your classical influences out of this and use a sampler in more innovative ways.
On the other hand lots of girls at your site seem to like your music so you must be doing something right :shrug:
Dont wanted to be harsh, this was just my (very humble I repeat) opinion
Cheers and congrats for your football team 8)
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

I think it is a peice of art.

oldschool!!

great loose feelin' production, but sooo oldschool sounding it's almost perverse..it get a 3 out of 5 penises up!

well produced, well played, well mixed, highly professional....what do I miss? Some voice and....you need a sound-designer: The sounds you use are soo well known...no surprises. Anyway, the track is quite good!
"It dreamed itself along"

Hey thanks guys, really decent feedback! I'm so glad you woke me from my sleep. This track is so oldskool and I didn't even notice it. And Mellotronaut, hit the nail right on the head - sound design. One of my all time weakest weakest points.

My workflow is always, music, arrangement, then the mixing/production side of things. There is no time for sound design in there. Do most people work on sound design outside of their time making a track, then dial up their patches while making a track? Cos i find I'll simply be losing my musical inspiration while spending time on sound design in the middle of writing a track.

Zeoy, you don't sound harsh, you're just saying what you feel and I appreciate you doing so.

Snooky thanks for the 3 penises lol.

My stuff ain't that professional, but I have a different workflow. I normally don't program patches while doing a song. When I'm in the right mood, I do several presets in one go and then forget about it.
When I'm making a song, I have several different ways how to begin:
-Playing on the piano/guitar, 'till I get an idea.
-Processing a loop first
-Loading a preset in a synth and trying to find some melody/phrase.

and then.....trying out sounds that could fit into a proper arrangement.

Cheers/Mello
"It dreamed itself along"

It's an ok song but the strings annoy me because it turns it into some 70s "theme" if you will.
Other than that it's a decent groove.

Very Phats and Small actually, and I like the strings around 1.25. The bass sound needs a better feel though, but overall, pretty good stuff.
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

It's melodic, groovy. I think the sounds used, work very well together in the mix.
Arrangement and production in general... all i can say...Well done!

I would like to hear this track with vocals :)

This is just good old fashioned disco with a modern twist (filters and a few modern drum patterns).....have a listen to some Donna Summer and you'll say the same.
Has a more laid back feel to it than some of the house music Ive heard too.
Good production and mix....

dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

Needs more compression!!! :hyper: :tu:

AHAHAHA why does my music ALWAYS have that disco/70s feel in it loool. I hardly ever listen to any Disco music. Maybe I should start listening to it (or maybe I'm just really gay at heart or something). Will try to check out some Donna Summer and see what I think.
Thanks again for the comments!

Return to “Music Cafe”