Soundtrack style Electronica - The Escape pt 2

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is the latest track from my ongoing work on a cinematic style concept album. The track was cowritten and produced with Notthecommondose. Its full title is The Escape Pt 2 - Loss and Freedom. The reason can be found on the page.

I hope you enjoy and welcome all comments good or bad.

The Escape Pt 2- Loss and Freedom

Thank you in advance for listening.

Stuart

It is absolutely stunning how some songs get 35, even 49+ replies and I seem to never get a single reply. I put all of this time and effort, and my heart and my soul into my music, and nobody even gives a damn. It really is quite disenchanting, I tell you this.

Pretty good. I liked it. It sounds good in my headphones. Good job.

You got a couple screen names then, NotTheCommon, or did you NOT review the song just to tell us that? :hihi:
Rakkervoksen

No, I worked on this track with Syrath. I think he'll be glad that SOMEONE looked at it also. Thanks for the time to listen, I really appreciate it, also I appreciate the nice words, thanks again.

NotTheCommonDose wrote:It is absolutely stunning how some songs get 35, even 49+ replies and I seem to never get a single reply. I put all of this time and effort, and my heart and my soul into my music, and nobody even gives a damn. It really is quite disenchanting, I tell you this.
Yeah, doesn't that suck? With no disrespect meant to anyone, there are some individuals here who could post recordings of themselves on the toilet, and they'd get 3 pages of responses.

Anyway, I think you did an excellent job here. Cinematic electronica is right up my alley, and I always love hearing stuff like this.

Cool! Really cool, actually. 8)

When did you release stuff in the music cafe? Last time I saw you post in the music cafe, you edited the post saying "nevermind." Did I miss something?
Mizutaphile.

I like the overall composition and arrangement probably more than the actual tunes, instrumentation and style here. The fact that no single part of the song is allowed to dominate the composition is a huge plus here. When the Freedom part kicked in I was afraid that was going to go on for the rest of the piece with little alterations, basically making the tune a melodramatic intro followed by something pretty close to trance. But you avoided that trap and varied the piece in unpredictable but musically relevant ways, changing instrumentation, mood and pace, giving the overall piece a series of peaks and valleys that kept my attention and started to work as good soundtrack does: altering my mood and perception almost unconsciously. The instrumentation itself seems a bit on the grainy/distorted side--almost lo-fi in some respects--this is especially evident in the intro where some of the samples seem pretty iffy (piano, percussions and some of the strings seem rather MIDI-ish, if you know what I mean). This is more than overshadowed by the composition and arranging, though, so I'm really not that bothered with them. Thinking of it as a soundtrack, though, it would be more in the video game realm than movies. Very good work overall.

Now, as for comments, several things drive whether people comment or not. Part of it is dependant on when you post. If you post when the board is really slow, threads tend to sit out there for a while and then run the risk of being buried when posting picks up again. Once your thread hits page 2 or 3, it's kind of doomed.

Another factor is where your songs are posted. I often avoid songs on Soundclick and other services like that. The more of a hassle it is to access the music, the less likely it is to be heard. It's laziness on our parts, I know that . . . so sue me. :wink: I generally don't mind if the links are clear on the page and I don't have to set up an account. But sometimes the proliferation of advertising on pages like that is enough to drive me away. Direct links are better. But, then, I've only had those available myself within the last month, so who am I to complain? The guy who's taking time to review this tune, THAT'S who! :lol:

The type of song you're doing and how well you communicate that in the thread title also seems to matter, as does your KVR recognition factor. But probably the best way to get listened to is to make sure you listen to other people's stuff, and make comments on all you listen to, especially when you've just posted a song yourself. Put one up, do 5 comments on other's songs. You should generate a few listens that way, and every comment will put you back on the Latest Post list, which makes it even easier for others to find.

And finally . . . always respond back to those who leave comments, even if the comments are negative. And be polite. If you don't like the comments, then just thank them for listening and leave it at that.

There . . . how's that? :D

Ildon wrote:Cool! Really cool, actually.
Go figure you'd like it . . . this is right up your alley!

emdot_ambient wrote:
Ildon wrote:Cool! Really cool, actually.
Go figure you'd like it . . . this is right up your alley!
:lol:
Mizutaphile.

Thank you all for taking the time to listen to the track, and particularly to emdot_ambient for taking the time to write such a full review of it.

Stuart
Stuart

NotTheCommonDose wrote:It is absolutely stunning how some songs get 35, even 49+ replies and I seem to never get a single reply. I put all of this time and effort, and my heart and my soul into my music, and nobody even gives a damn. It really is quite disenchanting, I tell you this.
Discenchanting, indeed - I managed a total of three comments on my last post, and that was with a couple of bumps. If you're not part of a clique, it seems you've got your work cut out... :?

Anyways, I listened to syrath's previous effort and commented most favourably, so I'll d'l this too :D

Thanks for taking a listen Ildon, I'm glad you got a chance to hear it. And Emdot, I appreciate such a long review. Thank you so much for taking the time, when other's wouldn't, to give it such a comprehensive review. And Ian, What did you think of it, now that you've listened?

Couldn't agree more.
Happened to me as well so I gave up and I haven't posted a track since.

Your tune reminded me very much of a Frontline Assembly offshoot called Synesthesia. Ever heard of them? If not, give them a listen. I think you'd like what you hear. As far as your tune goes, I liked it very much! Nice use of the bitcrunched drums at the start. But then, I'm a fan of crunching.

Nice work!

great tune, really epic feel, the drums are fantastic when they kick in. nice mix, flows well. excellent work, enjoyed it.

leave it out on the whinging about comments though, theres are 10's of thousands of registered users here, if people like something they may comment, obviously when you have posted a few tunes people get to know your name and that they like you so check your next tune out as soon as they see it next time. it is nothing to do with a "clique" and stopping posting because people didn't immeadiately flock to listen to your tune isn't gonna help is it.

for the record i've had some tunes that run for 50+ comments and some tunes that get none. just cos you sweated over it and love it doesn't mean that everyone else will.

comments like this...
Yeah, doesn't that suck? With no disrespect meant to anyone, there are some individuals here who could post recordings of themselves on the toilet, and they'd get 3 pages of responses.
are just stupid, who are you to dictate what othders taste is and what they comment on.

anyways, rant mode off, really liked the tune lads 8)

Look, folks, you're going to get out of KVR what you put into it. It's that simple. We had the same discussion with Amberience not too long ago. It does help to get to know people, but it has nothing to do with being in a clique. For example: camsr and I played a game of Tribes together not too long ago, and now he and I comment on each other's tracks because we've become acquaintances since then.

And also, KVR members have very specific tastes. I post my tunes here because people are familiar with my work and me as a regular, and I like to show them what I've done, but the people here are anything but my target audience. If you posted at something like the Auditorium, I'm sure you'd get more response, simply because there're probably more people there into your kind of music.
Mizutaphile.

Return to “Music Cafe”