Glooper - I've got the love - DiscoTastic (with Vocals!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My friend Jen sung some vocals for a tune I did a couple of weeks ago... Here's the result.. Moved things around from the original to make way for the vocals. I'm really pleased with the results.

http://www.phunkynutts.com/music/Gloope ... ve%203.mp3

All feedback and criticism welcome and encouraged... ;)

Ben

now you kno me n disco aint the best of bed fellows, but...
i kinda like this, altho id suggest you n the lady singer check out the scissor sisters and dirty this up some.
seriously with a little edge this could be something :)

i agree with vurt, a bit of goldfrapp-ness would go a long way.

mix sounds good though and that chorus is just so, happy 8)

Cheers for the feedback...

Just searched my ipod and found out (to my surprise!) I actually have the scissor sisters album on here... Will listen to it for a bit and maybe I'll see what I'm missing... I'm guessing you mean to distort the vocals a tad and maybe the synth and guitars?

ben

a good track just gets better.

some ideas:
- that arpeggio fading in at 0:05 could be panned also.. "fade in + pan"
- drop that arpeggio for a second at 1:00-1:01 (so the chorus at 1:02 starts from silence)
- i'd end that track at 3:04 (maybe there would be some mastering tricks to make three last words more louder, like compressing it a bit more for those few words or so.. that would generate more contrast to sudden end)
[ When chickens are cold, they roost in trees; when ducks are cold, they plunge into water ]

just listened to the scissor sisters album.. and then my song...

The biggest difference is theres a lot more compression on the master bus in the scissor sisters songs! And of course there vocals are more even.. (can't do much about that with cheap mics really, maybe a bit of distortion might help).
I think my acoustic guitar sounds quite clean in comparison to some of their lead lines too.. Not sure I want to change that too much though... Might have a little play with it though...

Unless of course you mean I should add those bee-gee style vocals..!

Anoke.. I agree with the first two ideas... :)

Ben

Only 2? That can be changed.

(maybe i skipped two or three parts in my mindflow again.. have to explain my idea better later :)
[ When chickens are cold, they roost in trees; when ducks are cold, they plunge into water ]

oh wait..

Starting to come around to the third idea... ;)

Actually I thought you meant a bit earlier than you did... Though half of me likes the going back to the beginning of the song kinda feel of the ending at the moment...

:?

Ben

Glooper wrote:Actually I thought you meant a bit earlier than you did...
Hmm... Why not. What I'm trying to say is: "..just can't let you go *full stop*"

Outro sounds like a delay's tail now. The delay is in the details. (:

Glooper wrote: I'm guessing you mean to distort the vocals a tad and maybe the synth and guitars?

ben

where did i say distortion you silly man?
i said dirty it up, ie give it more sleaze :hihi:

when i said the scissor sisters i meant more the delivery and such than any production techniques.
they have a looseish sound that makes it sleazy somehow, capture that and your winning :D

i just personally find it too nice at the moment ;)

Haha, nice. Very nice. Love the live instruments and the voice. :D This made me cackle... but not in a bad way. The song is so upbeat and happy... hehehe... awesome.
Mizutaphile.

Makes me wish I could say tits on the radio.
♫♪♫♫♪♫

Like this - it's more like New Wave than Disco to me though - but it works well - refreshingly vibrant eclecticism in terms of sonic palette. Love the way it all builds up to a rock( :o )-ish crescendo before making way for a curiously understated beat box motif.

Top notch from the Gloopmaster (as usual) :D
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

Cheers people..
jaathmaster wrote: refreshingly vibrant eclecticism in terms of sonic palette
niiice
3*s wrote: Makes me wish I could say tits on the radio.
:hihi:

hehe...not my cup of beans really, but it had me whistling along within 30 seconds (firstl listen)...feels like straight up pop to me, which isn't a bad thing.

Return to “Music Cafe”