After Thoughts, An Ambiant Heavy Metal Tune

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Straight Jacket Sunday Page

The song is titled "After Thoughts". Above is the link to my soundclick page. It's an instrumental right now. Let me know what you think of this one.

you piss me off. you've got a great sound. i like the dynamics on this one myself. kind of laid back double bass groove then it'll just kick in straight double bass and downpicking. liked the breakdown - always like a piano done right in a heavy metal tune for some reason too and you did it!

you've been throwing out some killer tunes lately.

lates

t-willy

Me Like! Are you going to add lyrics?

Its all right, I mean it sounded like you couldnt get free during the solo or melody line, since it wasnt quite a solo.(around 2:45-) It sounded like you were watching your fingers play in the scale, instead of the minds eye, so it sounded very square to me. And the beginning was almost painful, I almost didnt get thru it but you got a nice sound and kept some heavy shit involved. And something about the melody lines seem awefully familiar, but I couldnt put my finger on it... BUt again it was an easy listen and I dont mean that in any other way besides its easy on the ears.
link to my Asspace page(Myspace) This has become a necessary evil http://www.myspace.com/worldofshit1

Yea, another metal oriented guy almost didn't make it through the beginning. I like it, but I may get it out of there or do something else for an intro part...

I really don't play leads, just melodies. The guitar "leads" are kind of meant to replace were vocals melodies would be there... I'm mainly a rhytem player so I don't shread by any means...

I don't know if I'll do lyrics... I never know what I should do for vox... I updated Without Reason with some heavy blood in my throat screaming though... And it sounds decent I guess...

I updated the beginning with choir and strings...

monkeymanx wrote:I don't know if I'll do lyrics... I never know what I should do for vox... I updated Without Reason with some heavy blood in my throat screaming though... And it sounds decent I guess...
YEah I would say if you maybe did some rearranging and devoloped more in the sense of no vox, I can see it working without vocals. I can relate, even though I write more high speed shit(although the newer stuff I am doing now is much slower) I always write to make a tune sound great with no vox, I want it to stand on its own, most of the time vox can be just the icing on the cake for metal, since usually the music is the main 'voice'. WHich is how I like it.
link to my Asspace page(Myspace) This has become a necessary evil http://www.myspace.com/worldofshit1

Actually... "After Thought" is written without vox in mind... When I write with vocals in mind, I usually have some sort of verse, bridge, chorus structure... I actually prefer writing more abstract style.

Although I'm not too impressed with the intro, I absolutely love the heavy parts. The ending is rather interesting...actually, I think you could do a whole other tune just based off of that part.

Return to “Music Cafe”