Beat up too

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A rather strange thing from me. Static and with a beat. Used an old drum machine (called Thomas which is why I bought it). Piano, glockenspiel, some VSTi's (not something I'm doing often) Triangle I, DMI Hammer, Cheeze Machine. A few VSTs and my crummy trumpetplaying.

There you go.

Beat Up Too

(Steve: This is what came of your comments for the first Beat Up attempt. Hope you like this one better).

Comments are more than welcome (in fact they are demanded ;-) ). I'm a little in doubt about the eq'ing on the "drums"?

Missed the first version, but I like this. Cool and minimal.

The central rhythmic pulse doesn't quite have the sonic clarity I associate with you, a bit fuzzy and veiled. And the ending's a little unsatisfying. But overall it's nice and spare, vaguely reminiscent of a Miles Davis mood when the trumpet comes in.

(And that beat reminds me of a certain collab I should be working on. :oops:)

Wow, that was a surprise. I was expecting traces of the first, but this is something else entirely.

Really fantastic, Thomas. It is somewhat more conventional in style than what you often do, but I really like how that's offset by the bubbling/scraping sounds. I love the crunchy drum sound.

I agree with Barnadine about the ending, the fade out makes the whole thing kind of fizzle to a stop. I think maybe a held trumpet note or something a bit more final would do.

Cool! I also agree on the ending, and for me that's because I felt like the trumpet came in too late in the song. But other than that... cool. Nice sounds, and don't worry about the production, it sounds good to me. 8)
Mizutaphile.

Wow, this was gorgeous!
Rakkervoksen

I see this not so static at all; quite subtle with all the delaychangings. Loving the sound of your Thomas; goes very very well with this atmosphere, which I think is quite inticing. Good to hear you again!

dubby start there in a noisy fashion
rolls along beautifully gaining slight mmentum and pull as it goes.
seems to draw you further in as it progresses, nice little melodic interludes here n there keep it interesting enough even for the more tuneful folk around.

perfect late night accompaniment.

Listened again tonight, still fantastic. Could go on for another 20 minutes and I'd be thrilled.

I listened on a better system tonight, regarding the EQ, I like the cutting of the lows on the drums. Could do with a bit of a lowcut on the bubbly bass sounds, too, they are maybe swamping the low end a bit much.

very cool. not the sort of thing I usually listen to but I was intrigued :)

I really like the glockenspiel and the overall atmosphere...

Interesting track! Nice combination of sounds, always great to hear a real trumpet! Love the bubbly, droney little drum machine as well. 8)
Image Image

Hi all. Thanks for listening. Points well taken!

Return to “Music Cafe”