i need some help with my drums.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ive made this and recorded on it. but i am not happy with the drums. i want them to be softer more in the groove than just the boom bap and im not sure how to do it. i have tried just turning them down. this is the third beat i've made and im no good with the drums. if anyone has any suggestions or wants to do it for me i would be excited.
here is the link
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=577226
the french one.
thanks

little help please.

yea this is nice track..i herd the cigeret one.

you try throwing an eq into the chain of the drums to see if that would give it that flava?

mhh TBH, the drum sounds are in itself a bit ...dull.
try removing some mids, and adding more bass to the kick. (30-60hz range).
try replacgin the snare with a more hiphop-ish one :)

you have the kick and the snare and the crash sperated or did you drop them all into the same channel?

i think they are on the same channels. if i know what a channel is? is that the pan? or the track? or something altogetherly different? im new.
i will try all of these things. thank you both

top tune, love the laid back vocal style.

your drum samples are very generic and clean, you need a bit of dirt and funk. if you post a drumless mix down i could do you some drums and if you like them you can have the various samples to work with.

once again, very cool vocal style.

8)

nice vibes indeed, love the laid back style.

drums possibly need a little mixing/eq n possibly some fx(ephonics lofi adds some nice dirt)

im no drum programmer myself either so i cant really offer much advice there...
one thing i will say tho is the overall track seems very quiet, and the vocals are a little quieter still compared to the drums, i wanna hear the vox more please 8)

good stuff tho 8)

hey blaster. thank you. i will certainly do that. later today.
word

Return to “Music Cafe”