Ildon - Mizutaism #6.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Ildon on Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mizutaphile.

Sweet track mate! I can perfectly imagine playing Age of Empires with this music background. Infact, that was the first thing that came to my mind when i listened to it. Fantastic piece. Keep up the good work. :)

Wow, thanks. :o :D
Mizutaphile.

hey this is a nice piece Ildon. Seriously, it's got the video game flavor but it also has a sort of eclectic vibe to it where it could be played as alterna jazz or something.

Thanks, dude. :tu:

It's 12:30 here. I'm off to bed. I'll get around to commenting on other people's stuff tomorrow. :D
Mizutaphile.

Hey, cutie.

This was again, perfect. I can't get over how good your composing is. :love:
I agree with keyman_sam, this is definitely a track for AoE games. AoE for the win. :D

I'm loving the way you use the instruments here. Have you been using GPO? :P

Thanks, babe. :D

With the exception of the shaker and the sagat (the cymbal-like percussive instrument that comes in with the fretless bass), everything was done with Edirol's Hyper Canvas. The shaker is a sample from a soundfont and the sagat is a sample from the Roland SC88 Asian drumkit.
Mizutaphile.

Nicely and properly composed..I liked that.
I believe your melody was around a minor key but i'm too lazy here tonight to pick up a guitar and see for myself.heh

I can appreciate how tough it can get to put a composition like this together..i'm in the middle of one myself,(almost commercial) ha.

At some point along the way,it feels as if I would like to hear the guitar and marimba phrase change.It opens well as the introduction,but as the instrumentation is fully introduced,the phrase is played out.

Just a thought..but I liked it.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:Nicely and properly composed..I liked that.
I believe your melody was around a minor key but i'm too lazy here tonight to pick up a guitar and see for myself.heh
Thanks. It's done in F minor in case you're curious. I've been trying to cut down on the amount of chords I use. This uses one chord (!) instead of my usual 10-12 or so. It's strange. I have so much more fun doing music this way and basically going by my ear and only use chords and scales as starting points.
I can appreciate how tough it can get to put a composition like this together..i'm in the middle of one myself,(almost commercial) ha.
This isn't hard, this took me an hour. :D Naoshi Mizuta's battle themes... now that is hard for me, which that's what I'm going to be conquering next.
At some point along the way,it feels as if I would like to hear the guitar and marimba phrase change.It opens well as the introduction,but as the instrumentation is fully introduced,the phrase is played out.
I'm always afraid of that when people hear this kind of music from me. In this sense I'm more like Shiro Sagisu than Naoshi Mizuta. I'm so used to using pop music form now that it's become second nature, so whereas Mizuta would change his song up abruptly at about a minute and a half, I just leave it and develop the verse-chorus-solo-etc. structure more. I'm going to try to work on that with my next track.

Thanks for listening, Annode. :D
Mizutaphile.

Bump for an AWESOME FF-esque song straight from perfection!
:/:\

Nice interaction between the melodies. Has a real computer game sound to it that I'm not too fond of, but oh well.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Thanks for the listen, Amberience. :party:
Mizutaphile.

What can i say Ildon? You do what you do very well.

Please don't take this as a criticism (i have said it to you before anyway :P ), but i'd like to hear you using a more expanded palette, you have a great talent, don't limit it by only painting with white. Those 'HyperCanvas' sounds are starting to f*ck with my head. :lol: :P

:lol:!

Okay, okay. I just recently got Final Fantasy 8's SC88 DLS file (soundfont for Windows, basically), so I'll be using that some from now on, maybe.

Thanks for the listen, man. :hihi:
Mizutaphile.

Ildon wrote::lol:!

Okay, okay. I just recently got Final Fantasy 8's SC88 DLS file (soundfont for Windows, basically), so I'll be using that some from now on, maybe.

Thanks for the listen, man. :hihi:
It was a pleasure. I do think you've got a lot of talent and would like to see it expand is all.

Return to “Music Cafe”