Looking for Mixer/Engineer Advice or Help.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey all

I have a question.

I write for film and TV. I've had enough success to make a living and I'm happy with that. The thing is, I would do better if I could have my songs mixed to "broadcast quality" (or close to) before I submit them rather than after they've been accepted.

I need to find someone who is willing to mix my songs on spec. (if I get paid you get paid). An aspiring audiophile looking to gain a little experience or make some extra cash would be ideal.

My song styles are pretty varied but mainly rest in the brit-rock vein.

I'm looking for:

Someone who i can count on being there when I need them
someone with a fast internet connection (for downloading and uploading files)
someone who works quickly (I can usually write and record a song in 1-2 days and I would need you to mix in the same amount of time - if not faster)
someone who doesn't mind spec work

If possible I would like to find someone in the Los Angeles area but it doesn't really matter that much if they have a fast connection.

If anyone is interested email me at stinkystank@gmail.com (mailto:stinkystank@gmail.com) with some examples of your work and tell me a bit about yourself. Or if you simply have some good ideas as to how i can find someone then I'm all ears.

many thanks

Stinkystank
Last edited by stinkystank on Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I hope it is ok if I bump this post?

sounds interesing enough - I'me doing mixing and mastering work, but why come to kvr?

there's mostly beginers here...try one of the 'pro' audio forums like http://www.prosoundweb.com/

Thanks so much, thats exactly the kind of advice I need. I'll check it out.

cheers mate

Return to “Music Cafe”