composed a new leader - comments wanted! :-)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
hey everyone,

although i visit NS quite regularly, this is the first time i post something. if this is not the right subforum to post something like this in, my sincere apologies.

anyway i'd like to hear some comments on a leader I wrote a few days ago: http://www.arjanraatgever.nl/juliana (http://www.arjanraatgever.nl/juliana)

i just entered it in a pitch to try to land a composing gig for a television series about the former Dutch queen Juliana.

i would be very grateful to receive any critique on composition/sound, mixing, programming, etc. i only recently started working with Cubase (ex-Logic user) in combination with Gigastudio. samplingwise for this cue i mainly used VSL combined with some old school Miroslav, the reverb is Ambience from Magnus.

thanks in advance for any comments!

regards,

arjan raatgever

it seems sort of sad to respond to my own post ;-) but i was really hoping to get some feedback at this one!

anyone got anything to say about it? on the other hand, maybe if it's this lame i should just compose a new one...

regards,

arjan

i know nothing about writing this type of music at all.

sounds good though... seems to very much fit the mood of a documentary about a former queen.

its actually reminds me of something, some old sitcom theme tune or something (in style, not tune)

hope you get the gig :D

yeah me likes it as well....

sounds really TVish so I guess that's good... and the drums bring out the monarchistic character ;) then when the drums stop you see the queen acting in private being all nice and then when it gets dramatic the drums come back in... like it

Return to “Music Cafe”